13

You walked over to your bedroll, noticing scratch, curled up on top. You haven't seen him in a while. He's trusted to wonder around wherever, whenever and for how long he chooses, he'd always turn up again. You smile, kneeling down to pet him gently on the head.

You look around to see Astarion, head first in a trunk full of wine bottles.

"Astarion? Does it really look like the time to be having a drink." You scowl, walking up behind him. He quickly turns around with a bottle that seemed to be dripping red all over, but was empty.

"Oh I was, my dear, just...checking for something." He says, his eyes looked drained of colour and his skin was near whiter than usual, almost sickly.

"Well, goodnight then" you say, turning around. You huff as you realise you have no bedroll to sleep on, all the extras under Wylls bedroll. Apparently he has problem with feeling every grain of sand under him while he sleeps, you don't know.

"Darling" Astarion hums, "why don't we share a night together, properly." He hums, noticing the situation.

He pats the spot next to him, you notice two bedrolls overlapped on one another. You go over and sit yourself down on one, weirdly nervous.

"You think me so vain that I'd mind sleeping beside you?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

What? It's as if he read your mind...or the way you pulled the bedroll away from him without noticing.

"No- no!" You say, awkwardly with a grin. You don't know why you felt like this, it's not the first time you had slept beside him, but they weren't on purpose. And along with that his demeanour felt...off.

"Hmm," Astarion stares up at the sky, as if he were contemplating something. He sighs, then shifts the bedrolls together until they were basically on top of each other, "crawl in, then. I'll try not to bite you." He says, grinning faintly.

You slip into the bedroll, slightly at unease with his behaviour, it wasn't all the same as it was just a few moments ago. You pull the sheets over your shoulders.

Astarion lays down and looks over to you, amused. He glances down, and his attention is taken by the bare nape of your neck. He bites his lip and looks back up at the sky, clearly trying to control himself.

You quickly turn your head to see him practically drooling over your bare skin, nudging him with your elbow softly, "you said you wouldn't bite, behave."

"Or else what?" He asks, his tone playful. He shifts closer to you and runs a finger along your shoulder.

"You aren't the intimidating type. You couldn't stop me if I decided to give into my urges" he murmurs.

You shoulder tingles from his touch and it sends a shiver down your spine, your breath catching, "don't tease, it's late we need to rest. God knows what lies ahead tomorrow."

"Do we?" Astarion asks. He leans closer to you, his breath brushing against your skin. His lips hover close to your neck, his gaze locked onto you. He watches, seeming very focused on your reactions.

You gulp at the close proximity and your gaze derives to elsewhere but him. You could feel the heat rise up into your cheeks.

"Is it my touch that's making you so nervous? Or is it something else?" Astarion whispers. "Your skin is so lovely up close. So soft."

He trails a single, smooth finger across your bare shoulder. "And so warm."

You physically shudder at his touch and turn to look at him. His eyes are filled with lust and his lips stay slightly parted. He smiles smuggly as your gaze stays put on his lips*

Astarion doesn't seem to notice your trembling. If anything, he seems pleased by it. He runs a thumb over your bottom lip, before leaning in slowly. He gives you a little look.

"May I?"

Your breath shaky, you nod, eyes still locked onto his lips.

As he leaned in, you both closed your eyes and let your lips brush against each other in a gentle, featherlight caress. The moment seemed to stretch out forever, each of your hearts beating wildly. But his kiss began to feel, hungry.

His hand slid from your cheek, down to your waist and he gripped your hips in an attempt to bring you closer as if you weren't mushed together already. He bites at your bottom lip, tugging at it with his teeth as he manages to draw blood.

You wince as he deeply chuckles to himself, clearly wanting more than the drop or two of blood he sucked off of your lip.

~~~~~~~~~~

YOU GUYSSSSS
holy shit I havn't written in literal MONTHS I've had so much coursework to do and honestly kinda forgot I had this little book going (I'm so so sorry) until I got a huge amount of notifs come through AND YOU GUYS ARE STILL READING THIS
I'm shocked to see how many reads this has gotten from the time I've been gone.

I've had this chapter sitting in my drafts and so i tweaked it, along with another... 😏
I've also been thinking about rewriting a lot of the previous chapters but that will most likely be after this is done and dusted!
Again, terribly sorry for the months of ghosting

I love all my readers