1

This time tomorrow

Year 845, Paradis.

That day was what Levi believed the moment he'll regret the most. The day he finally realized he fell for Shizue Yamada.

He tried everything in his power to convince himself that it was nothing. They were soldiers, she was his subordinate. This cannot go any further.

But boy, she does make it very challenging.

"Captain?" Levi was brought back to his senses as he heard that voice. His gaze went towards the strawberry blonde female that just walked into his office with a few paperwork in hand.

"I hope you don't mind I let myself in, Commander Erwin said this is urgent." Shizue spoke and handed him a file to which he acknowledged. She also placed a cup of earl grey tea on the side of his table.

Levi felt a warm feeling surrounding his chest, but what came out of his mouth was...

"What the hell is this?"

Shizue innocently shrugged. "I thought you'd stay up late again so I made you tea."

Levi, saw this as a bad thing. First of all, Shizue makes the best tea. Second, this just proves how well she knows him. And third, he felt good knowing all that which means he really does love her.

"Do you want me to help you with these?" She asked, pointing at the stack of paperwork on the other side of his desk, making Levi clench his hand underneath the table.

"I can handle it. And next time, do not come inside my office as you please." Levi spoke coldly. Shizue looks down, slightly feeling guilt. She knew how much Levi values his privacy, but the only reason why she went in was because no one was answering as she knocked. And Levi was too occupied by his thoughts to hear anything.

"Right. Sorry Captain." The girl apologized. Levi just handed her the folder Erwin asked for and got back to his work, not even acknowledging the cup of tea that was given to him, or even the person he was just talking to.

Shizue took one last glance at the ravenette before taking her leave.

The days had gone by, it was evident how the Captain was avoiding his right-hand woman. Be it at the cafeteria or even after the squad meetings.

But it never stopped Shizue from leaving a cup of tea on Levi's office table every single night, and she did that with a big smile on her face. One day, the strawberry-blonde woman was retrieving a file from her captain's office with his permission of course, and saw a familiar mug from last night on his table. The tea had already gotten cold, untouched.

It's been a few months after the battle between heaven and earth took place.

On the ship returning to Paradis Island, the rest of the remaining soldiers, or heroes as the others call them were all gathered in one place. Jean was fixing his hair, and Reiner was sniffing historia's letter.

"Would you stop fantasizing over a married woman?" Jean gave him a disgusted look. The blonde didn't even budge.

"You say that but you're the one who's clearly worried about your looks. Who do you want to impress?" Pieck says with a mocking tone.

"The school girls who read the history books."

"Don't you mean picture book for horses?"

"WHY YOU--"