Part 3 - The S Word

I am back to my tiny apartment. Staring at my computer, and just cannot type a single word.

My mind is taken far away from reality. It flies through space-time, and lands on Polis, the New York city after the nuclear apocalypse. Polis is where Becca the First Commander tries her best to save all the survivors from cannibals and evil doers. Aided with a specially designed AI chip in her brain, she has successfully saved over one thousand people from those cursed cannibals. A marvelous achievement akin to any superhero in big budget movies. Well, now a new enemy has arisen. The evil cult, Second Dawn, led by their leader Bill Cadogan, is entering Polis pretending to be an ally. Unfortunately, at that crucial time, Becca has a big fall out with other leaders, and most people left Polis, leaving her in a very vulnerable situation. Cadogan of course seizes this opportunity immediately, and he and his thugs fetch weapons from a secret stash, forcing Becca and her followers to surrender...

......

So far everything until chapter 21 works fine. Due to the benefit of being a fanfiction, we all know Becca is supposed to be captured by Bill Cadogan, then later burnt alive on a pole. My books follow the canon story religiously. So Becca will die, and my second book will end just like that.

However, only after I finished the last two chapters did I feel a strong sour taste of the ending. In order to accommodate what happened in the TV series, I have to kill off my most endearing character. My heroine! My goddess! I have written so much about her. Yet now I have to finish her in such a gruesome way?! No, no, I just can't let go. Maybe you find it funny reading this. Yeah, only when you have written two long books for a main character, will you understand my feelings.

......

A little red dot appears in my profile picture. Someone just sent me a private message. I open it. Not surprisingly, it's her.

==============================

RebeccaT02:

My Dear Author Philip,

Thank you so much for letting me read all

those chapters! Tell you the truth, I love them.

My friend Cheryl here sounds harshly, but

believe me, she likes your book too. Becca is

a big inspiration for me. I am so glad that you

can give her such a vivid story. Yes, your

story need some polishing, but I don't really

mind those little problems. So thanks again

for sharing your stories with me!

==============================

Philpw99:

My Dear Reader Rebecca,

No problems at all ! It's my pleasure to meet

an ardent reader like you. Enjoy the chapters

I have so far. Right now I am writing chapter 21.

You will see the words I type immediately.

Isn't that magical?

==============================

RebeccaT02:

Wow, I do see it now. You are typing something

in chapter 21, then you delete it. Why is that?

==============================

Philpw99:

I am having a writer's block. I don't really know