Chapter 6

Next day,
Veer woke up as the sunlight fell on his eyes. He wanted to sleep more but couldn't because of the sunlight. So finally, he woke up rubbing his eyes with a cute pout. He glanced the clock and his eyes widened. It showed 11:30 am. He jumped out of the bed as his sleep ran miles away.

(Veer's POV in 'italics' and normal situation in 'regular' font)

Veer's POV
Mai itni der tak kaise soya? Aah, bhuk lagi hai. Are ha, kal pura din kuch nahi khaya maine. Chal beta Veer, fresh hoke kuch kha lete hai.

Suddenly he remembered what all had happened yesterday. His eyes became teary.

I'm sorry bhaiyya. Meri bajese aap kitne hurt hue. Fir bhi aapne mera khayal rakha. You consoled me. Aap mere saath the. Aur maine kya kiya? Aapko hurt kiya. I'm so sorry par I had to do this. Mai aapki life khatar ye kar raha hu. Aapki safety ke liye mai lifetime aapki hate jhel sakta hu. Ho sake to mujhe maaf karna.
End of Veer's POV

Veer wiped his tears and went to get fresh. He took a bath and went downstairs. He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't saw that there was water on stairs. His leg got slipped from it. When he realised that, it was too late and was about to fall. He closed his eyes in shock but opened it when he didn't fall. He looked at Kartik who had held him in his arms and balanced him. Veer was so scared and shocked that he hugged Kartik tightly. Kartik reciprocated the hug and rubbed his back to calm him as Veer was shivering.

Kartik: It's ok, baccha. It's ok. Kuch nahi hua. You're safe. See you're safe in Bhai's arms. Bhai ke hote hue tumhe kuch ho sakta hai bhala? How can I let anything happen to my lifelines?

Veer: I'm sorry, bhai. And thanks.

Kartik nodded and kissed his forehead. He kept his hand on Veer's forehead and checked his temperature. Fever was still there, but little low.

Mahir: Chalo, lunch karlo. Bhai, Veer come fast.

Mahir shouted from the dinning area. Kartik chuckled while Veer too smiled a little.

Kartik: Baccha, chal jaldi. Tune kal se kuch nahi khaya hai. Bhuk lagi hogi na. Come.

Kartik helped him till dinning table as Veer was weak due to not eating previous day. Also he had fever and was mentally exhausted due to the nightmare which made him weak. They settled themselves on the table and servants served them. Veer frowned seeing his breakfast, which was fruits and cooked vegetables. He was about to whine but remembered Raghav's words and stopped himself. Veer took a deep breath and did something unexpected that shocked and startled Kartik and Mahir to core.

That's it for today!
Hope you enjoyed and liked the chapter!
Slow updates due to School Completions and Annual Gathering practices.
~Shreya