Chapter 16

Before starting the chapter, I wanted to edit some information which I missed in last chapter.

Sunil was a single parent from Aksh & Akshu's birth. At time of their birth, their mother, Sunita passed away. So Sunil was Aksh & Akshu's everything and losing him shattered them fully. And as they were not so mature at that time, they started developing hate for Veer as while saving Veer, Sunil died. Also at that time, manish and Swarna were alive. So seeing Veer happy with his family added more oil to the already burning fire of hate. After Sunil's death, Aksh & Akshu were hungry in taking their revenge. They wanted to finish Veer. But their maternal family took them with them. After completing their school education, they returned Mumbai fully determined to finish Veer and satch his life. They wanted to give slow death to Veer so they took the path of backstabbing by being his friends and showing fake concern for around 3-4 months. In these months, they got to know about Manish and Swarna's death, but they were so blind in their hate that they still wanted to finish Veer's chapter.

I hope, all doubts are clear. Let's start the chapter...

Kartik: Is everything alright, dr? Veer, my brother is fine na? Nothing serious happened na? Please dr, tell me.

Dr: Mr?

Kartik: Kartik, Kartik Sehegal. And the one who got in the accident is Veer Sehegal.

Dr: Oh! Mr. Kartik, being a doctor, I won't hide anything from you. You need to be strong.

Kartik: Dr, you are scaring me. Is there anything serious? My brother will be fine na?

Dr: See, I can't assure you anything. The chances are 50. Dekhiye, the patient faced a huge blood loss. Also he has got a deep injury on his head. We are trying our best, but we can't assure you anything till further procedure is done. My assistants are completing the surgery. Par mudda vo nahi hai. Mujhe kisi aur bare me aapse baat karni thi. 

Kartik: Kis bare me, dr?

Dr: Veer was attempted to be killed.

Kartik (shocked, gasped): What!

Dr: Yes. I know it's hard to digest but, he was chocked to death. There are finger markings on his neck. And by seeing them, the grip was really strong. Also about Veer's condition, just pray that everything goes well.

Kartik: What do you mean by this, dr?

Dr: I mean, there is a possibility that Veer might slip in coma. Just pray that he doesn't. Right now about Veer's condition, I would only say that it's critical, way too critical.

Dr got up and patted Kartik's shoulder. He went in OT. Blood bag was attached to Veer. Kartik sat beside Mahir. He knew, he had to be strong for his younger brothers.

After around 2 hours, Dr. came out of the OT. Kartik and Mahir rushed towards the dr and started showering him the questions.

Dr: Are, let me speak.

Kartik & Mahir: Sorry dr.

Kartik: Dr, how is Veer? Is he fine? Nothing happened na?

Dr (sighs): Jiska dar tha, vahi hua. The head injury was too deep. We somehow saved Veer but he has slipped in coma.

Kartik & Mahir: What!! Th-this is not true. N-nothing has happened to Veer. He is fine.

Dr patted their shoulder.

Dr: I know it's hard for you, but you need to be strong.

Kartik: Dr, use hosh kab aayega?

Dr: Kuch keh nahi sakte. He can gain consciousness in 1 week, 1 month, 1 years or even more. Aisi cases me hum kuch guarantee nahi de sakte as in such cases, agar patient ko jaldi hosh nahi aaya, to it can even lead to his death. So pray to God ki ise jaldi hosh aaye. Humne treatment start kar diya hai. Par we need to keep him in the hospital atleast till the time he comes out from coma. We need to keep him under observation till then.

Kartik: Dr, vo theek to hoga na?

Dr: We are trying our best.

Kartik: Hmm.

Dr left, leaving Mahir and Kartik in shock. They were not able to digest the fact that their younger brother got into an accident and now he has slipped in coma. But they made themselves strong. For each other, for Veer.