Chapter 2

Tamara had finally gotten Carlos' heart rate to go back to normal after his scare from the king's statue in front of the school. The redhead had always known what went on in the lives of the four teens because they told her. Every grimy little detail went in one ear and collided with her brain, sticking to the sides of it and wiggling its way inside and Tamara could never forget. Especially the things Carlos had told them all that his mother did. After that, Tamara became very protective of them, even if she was the youngest of them all.

They walked into the castle that was Auradon Prep. Students stood around talking to each other in the foyer and looked as the group of kids walked in.

"So, you guys have a lot of magic here at Auradon?" Mal asked as they walked around a table in the center of the room. "Like, wands and things like that?" The teens all stopped in the middle of the room between the staircase.

"Yeah, it exists of course, but it's pretty much retired," Ben replied. "Most of us here are just ordinary mortals."

"Speak for yourself, Your Highness." Tamara snorted under her breath.

"Who happened to be kings and queens?" Mal asked, ignoring Tamara's comment.

"That's true. Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years." Audrey quipped, putting Ben's arm around her shoulder. Ben laughed awkwardly while Audrey just giggled. Tamara watched them stoically. Poor Ben. The redhead thought. The prince looked up and saw a friend walking down the stairs.

"Doug. Doug, come down." Ben said. Tamara looked up and saw the boy still wearing his band uniform. Audrey smiled awkwardly as Ben pulled away and walked over to the other boy. "This is Doug. He's gonna help you with your class schedules and show you the rest of the dorms."

"And I will be helping him because I missed you guys and I wanna spend every minute with you guys that I can." Tamara walked over and stood on the other side of Doug, resting her arm on his shoulder. Ben walked back over to Audrey and looked at Mal.

"I'll see you later, okay?" The prince said. Tamara looked at him, analyzing him before looking at Mal, her eyes flicking between the two. "And if there is anything you need, feel free to-"

"-ask Doug." Audrey cut him off. The brunette looked at Mal and the two girls laughed forcefully. Tamara's eye twitched.

"Alright, Mal. Let's go. I'm feeding you to the werewolves." Tamara snapped her fingers a couple of times. Ben chuckled nervously at the awkward tension between them all. Audrey stepped onto the other side of the prince and grabbed his arm, dragging him outside. "That was... so weird." Doug slightly waved to the four VKs.

"Hi, guys. I'm Dopey's son?" The boy said. "As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and..." Doug paused when his eyes landed on Evie. "Heigh-ho." The blue-haired girl walked over to him, hands on her swaying hips as she walked. Tamara had to hold back her laughter when she saw the look on Jay's face.

"Evie. Evil Queen's daughter." Evie said with a slight smirk on her face. Doug cleared his throat and looked at the clipboard in his hand.

"Okay. So about your classes. I put in the requirements already." The nerdy boy began. "History of Woodsmen and Pirates, Safety Rules for the Internet, and uhh," Doug cleared his throat nervously. "Remedial Goodness 101." Tamara took the clipboard from him and looked at the schedule.

"What in Hades' name is this bullshit?" She muttered.

"Lemme guess, new class?" Mal asked, putting a piece of candy in her mouth. Evie stood there twirling a strand of hair around her finger as Doug nodded, his lips shut tight.

"Hey, Doug. Do you think you could put me in that class, too?" Tamara asked.

"No. Fairy Godmother said it was specifically for them since you used to live here." Doug looked at her and shrugged.