A King's White Rose

Chapter 10: Oh dear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Queen, the first Queen the people of Dracon Kingdom has seen in a very long time. For centuries they waited for their stubborn yet powerful King to get himself someone to be by his side.

And now that they had their Queen they will shed blood for him. Usually it took more for people of any kingdom to want to willingly shed blood for their royals. Yet here they were, already without thinking ready to raise their weapons and cry out in war for their queen and his life.

What an honor and such a surprise for Lixue, though he didn't know their inner motivation.

They were very helpful and he was to them. For the first time Lixue was crowned as the queen and married to Valdemar, the work was something he'd expect.

But then the work he was doing was more helping the kids and less of what Valdemar had to deal with. He even would greet guests if Valdemar was running late.

Seemed normal enough.

That is till Valdemar had to head off to the docks, dealing with security and the safety of the transfered goods. Big stuff like that. Meanwhile, Lixue kept within the Kingdom.

"Queen!"

"Queen, queen!"

The maiden watching the young orphan children smiled at the sight of the Queen of Dracon, standing there like an elegant picture that's been untouched and perfected since made.

Even though the wedding and the sight of the queen wandering about in streets with a waddle of children or walking with the commander of the armies, Selin, she still couldn't stop feeling giddy round him whenever he came to visit the orphanage.

"M-My queen. What a pleasure it is to have you here with us again." She cutsy formally towards the queen himself. Lixue reached for her hand and smiled unfeignedly. "Please no need for the formality. We spoke about this haven't we?"

The maiden blinked her eyes and shyfuly smiled back, averting her eyes from such pure jewels.

"Yes I apologize. It's just I haven't gotten used to such visits from royals. I can see his Majesty loves the children dearly."

Lixue pulled his hands away and patted some of the children clinging to his legs and behind him, Orian hidden behind his leg just like the first time they met.

"I do love them. I mean how can I not?" He said, making the children giggle and squeal happily.

The maiden smiled affectionately as the kids hasn't looked so happy to have such company and privilege they were receiving with these visits.

"Alright children let's give his Majesty some space."

"No!"

"Stay stay."

"Queen come with us."

"Play queen!"

Lixue only chuckled helplessly at these kids pleds for them to not leave his side under any circumstances. The maiden, Dionne Rake, frowned at their pleds but her too couldn't find something to be mad at as they gave her puppy eyes.

"Ok fine. " She sighs, the excited cheers and claps of giggles went off. Dionne looked to the queen as he enjoyed the kids joy, smiling down at them like caring mother would. She smiled more. "My Queen I was just making some pastries for the children. Would you like some?"

"Oh, how kind. I will love some thank you."

Dionne cutesy again and showed the way for the Queen.

~~~~~~~~~~~