Love, the only constant.

“Dad!”
“Shanks!”

Luffy and her called out to Shanks at the same time, and Shanks smiled brightly, thinking that this was the only time he truly wished he had another hand to pet both of their heads together. He opted for his daughter first, then Luffy, whom he so adored.

“Why, my daughter and son?”
“Hehe, Shanks, we still have a bit more traveling to do before going to meet her mom.”
“Hmm… As expected. I would have been surprised if you said otherwise.”

At Luffy’s shining eyes that reflected his excitement in sailing out again, Shanks nodded his head, reminding them of the Vivre cards that they were sure would come in handy in the future. She nodded along, grabbing Luffy’s shoulders.

“Dad, he is right! I want to see Luffy achieving his dream. Since he helped me achieve mine. I can fight super well, you know?”
“Really? Better than me?”
“Well… Never know till we try!”

Clenching her fists together, she took a fighting stance, to which Shanks burst out in laughter and squeezed her still tender cheeks with his hand.

“Sure sure. Fight me another time, okay? Your dad is hungover.”
“You're giving excuses because you're scared of losing to me!”
“Right. That's exactly what's happening.”

Luffy also began laughing out loud at Shank’s reply and pulled her close, flaunting his crew mate's skills.

“She can do everything! Except my gomu gomu skills. But she can swim really well too. And—”

Shanks listened patiently to Luffy listing out everything she could do, while she giggled at his affirmations, her body sticking close to the rubber boy's. Soon, a sleepy Zoro came forward rubbing his eyes, and subconsciously split the two apart and squeezed himself in between them.

“Ho? My son-in-law is a sleepyhead. Good morning!”
“Good morning sir. I mean, Shanks.”
“Hahaha! Good to see that you will be protected by them, and by yourself. We will meet again.”

Shanks felt his feet sinking into the ground, almost as if he was physically unable to pull himself away from them. He did not want to part from his daughter out of love and concern, but knew that Luffy was born to be a captain and a leader above all else. And that it would be better to let her spend time with her lover and friends, especially at that age. Shanks sighed slightly, engulfing his daughter in a long hug, and then giving Luffy and Zoro a pet on the head each.

“Dad, I'll miss you so so so much.”
“No! I'll miss Shanks more.”
“No Luffy, he is my dad.”
“No, he is mine!”

Seeing the two fight over his affection, Shanks grinned to himself, giving them one last glance before turning his back. He knew that the longer he stayed, the more reluctant he would be to leave. Zoro bowed down as a greeting, and the two arguing children, well, adults that behaved like children, soon stopped their fight and turned their backs as well.

“I guess it's goodbye, huh!”
“Yeah, Zoro. But you'll always be here, so all is good.”
“...You and your words.”

Zoro linked his arms with his beloved wife and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Luffy ran ahead of them, excited at what's to come next. Everyone was ready to board the ship and shouted their goodbyes to the red-haired pirates sincerely before they got onto the Thousand Sunny for a day— no— for years of adventure.

—-

[Epilogues: Some nuggets of Zoro and you as a married couple!]

Epilogue #01 — Peaceful night

“Zoro~”

Zoro immediately grinned widely upon hearing his wife call out his name. He loved hearing her voice— it felt like a light shower of flower petals slowly falling from the fully bloomed flower trees into his ears. The owner of that voice matched that description perfectly as well. Her eyes were warm, caring, and always directed at him at every moment.