but what if i don't?

𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦, 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨

𝐲/𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯

it was late at night, around 10 o'clock. i was laying in my bed with my airpods in playing soft music, making me drift off to sleep.

before i could actually fall asleep completely the music cut off, replacing it with ringing coming from my phone. who is calling this late at night?

i groaned, picking up my phone to read the contact that was calling. to my surprise it was chris. he never calls me, and when he does it's usually him shooting an insult at me that he just thought of.

i reluctantly answered, dreading to hear what would come out of his mouth.

before i could even speak into the microphone, i heard faint cry's in the background. i also heard a little bit of yelling, it sounded like his parents arguing.

"y/n?" chris sniffed.

"yeah, chris?" i spoke in a softer tone.

"my parents are having problems again," he spoke, breathing out heavily.

chris' parents had been having trouble keeping their relationship together. it has been happening since he was 17. chris was half convinced that his parents were just together because of him and his brothers, not wanting to spilt their family apart.

there was a long pause during the phone call. you could just picture his face. you winced at the thought.

as much as you hated chris, you couldn't just let him stay there being a crying mess.

"chris, come over to my place okay? you can stay here for as long as you need, if your parents are stilling having problems i'll stay with you." i spoke feeling guilty.

"wait, are you sure?" he sniffed.

"yep, bring your stuff, we can have a sleepover." i joke laughing a bit at the last part.

chris chuckled too, "okay, ill see you in ten,"

"bye," i spoke, hanging up the phone.

if chris was going to stay over i would need to clean my room. there's no way in hell he would want to stay with me in my filth.

i picked up clothes off the floor, threw away empty drinks, and organized my bathroom.

soon enough he was here. this was so weird, he's never stayed at my house before, i mean his brothers always have but chris just chose not to because of our love-hate relationship.

okay that sounds wrong. we didn't like each other but we also didn't hate each other. there were moments when we would get along and be civil to each other, occasionally sharing laughs. then other days were worse. like for example we fought all the time, but it was over the most stupidest things.

believe it or not but chris and i were the definition of platonic soulmates. wherever i would go, he would follow. if you got one of us, you get the other as well.

i'm not too sure when it all went down hill or why it even happened in the first place. it was like a light switch.

my parents weren't home so just texted chris to come through the front door. i soon heard his foot steps radiate through the house.

surprisingly chris knew where my room was. maybe he remembered because of all those summer get-togethers when we were friends. or maybe he forgot and it was a lucky guess.

when he opened my door, i saw him. i saw his perfect brown locks covered with a beanie. i saw his favorite lyrical lemonade hoodie with grey sweats. i saw his back north face backpack almost stuffed to the brim, before clothes would come falling out.

"hi," i mumbled.

"hey," he spoke, setting his back on the floor by my door.

chris also took his beanie off, running his hand through his hair.

i scooted in my bed, leaving a spot for him. i tapped the bed, ushering him to lay down while giggling.
he took his shoes off and climbed in next to me.

up close i can see his tears stains in the corners of his eyes, along with the clear, dried tear marks.

chris' eyes got glossy, and he sniffled. i really can't take this anymore.

i pull him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his upper half. i put one of my hands of the back of his head.

as soon as i did that he fully broke down. his soft cry's echoed in my room. tears flooded down his cheeks.

chris held my waist, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. i felt his hot tears run down my shoulder. when my hand came in contact with the back of his head, i started playing with his hair. this made his breathing patterns stay even with mine.

i lost track of time at this point, the only thing that mattered right now was the heartbroken brunette on top of me.

after a couple of minutes, chris shifted his position. he rested his head on the right side of my chest, near my collarbone.

chris took a deep breath then he looked up at me. his eyes were bloodshot red, with tears in his eye lids. his pink plush bottom lip was trembling.

i was speechless, words couldn't describe how bad i felt for him. over all of our bad times, and our arguments, i would've never wished this on him. i wouldn't have wished this on anybody.

"y/n," chris' voice cracked.

"yeah?" i whispered, tucking my hair under my ears.

"what if my parents actually do split up?" his lip trembled again.

"they won't," i spoke before chris cut me off.

"but what if they do?" his tone changed, slightly irritated.

"well, if they do then i will be here for you, every second. it will get better." i run my fingers through his hair, trying to relax him more.

"that's what they always say, it gets better, it gets better, but what if i don't?" chris rolls his eyes.

"even if it won't get better, ill still be here no matter what, chris." i say sternly.

chris went quiet, not knowing what to say.

i kept playing with his hair and started to rub his back, which relaxed him by putting him to sleep.

that night chris and i stayed civil with each other. who would've though that tonight im putting one of my enemies, chris, to sleep while cuddling him.

i kissed his warm forehead, and drifted off to sleep. although he was a crying mess just 20 minutes ago, it somehow got better.

a/n

PLOT TWIST CHRIS WASNT ASLEEP ;)

this is a long one so yall better blow this one up. 😌

i think ima write in first person from now on cuz i enjoy it more

i'm hoping u guys r liking this book like u guys liked the matt one 🤗

GIVE REQUESTS PLS

- lily 💋