chapter 11

nothing beats the sweet relief of hearing the last bell of the day.

i quickly packed up my stuff and left out the door. we all had agreed to meet back at ash's jeep, which could be found parked behind the school. larry had told me that the parking lot behind the school wasn't as crowded with other students and teachers.

on my way there, i saw todd and ash in the hallway and continued to walk with them. we told each other about our classes, teachers, people we thought were cute, etc. first day shit.

sal and larry eventually joined, and we all walked out together to ash's car and hopped in.

"so what's the move? are we going back to the apartments?" larry threw his bag in the trunk.

ash bit her lip and started the car. "uh, i don't know." she then turned behind to me, sal, and todd. "what do you guys want to do?"

the three of us shrugged, but sal spoke up. "there's no moves, dude."

the whole car went silent.

"i have brownies." larry said, sort of zoning out.

the silence broke completely.

"PFFFT-" i muffled my laugh and held my stomach.

"larry, who the fuck asked about your brownies?" ash looked like she was on the verge of tears, and was hitting the steering wheel. even sal and todd were laughing hysterically.

larry held his hands up in defense. "woah woah everyone... these are no ordinary brownies. they've got weed in them, bro!"

ash, sal, and i immediately stopped laughing and leaned over to him.

"shit, so like edibles?" my eyes widened.

"yes ma'am." larry smiled proudly. "we can go back to my place, eat them, and figure out what dumb shit we can do from there."

everyone pretty much nodded in unison.

"better than sitting in a parking lot."  todd added.

ash began to drive out of the lot, maybe a little over the speed limit. "that's for damn sure."

larry turned on sanity's fall and slumped back into his seat.

during the car ride, everyone shared their stories about what their first day of school was like. then, we had finally got onto the topic of the 'lunch incident.'

"you should've punched him in the face, y/n!" ash laughed.

"i wasn't trying to get into a fight on the first day! at a new fuckin' school too?"

sal looked over and chuckled. "it really would've gotten your name around."

"real shit, bro." larry nodded in agreement. 

once we had finally arrived at the apartments, everyone grabbed their bags and got out of the car.

"i need to go to up to my floor and drop my bag off. you guys want me to grab some of my bud?" i asked.

larry grinned. "hell yeah. do what you must."

"do you want me to go with you? i need to drop off my shit too." sal looked over to me.

"yeah, sure." i nodded and smiled. "we'll meet you guys in a bit."

as we walked away, i heard ash giggle, and then larry called out. "don't have too much fun without us!"

sal quickly shot him a look, and began to pick up his pace. "for fuck's sake.."

as me and sal entered the elevator, i pressed the 3rd floor button, and cocked my head. "wait, aren't you on the 4th floor, sal?"