a birthday jam | broppy

idea creds go to HidingInPlainS1ght from my discord server ‼️

first chapter is a role!

                                   ——————

Early morning, and Branch woke up in a bad mood, another year had passed, another birthday... Yet nothing had changed, no celebrations, no cake, no grandma. All because of him. Yet little did Branch know, his day was about to turn upside down, in a way he would never expect.

As Branch practically had to drag himself out of bed, Poppy was working on Branch's surprise party.

"Alright, Guy Diamond and Tiny, I need you guys over there while me, Smidge, and Biggie work here! Get to work, people!" Poppy announced. She needed this party to be perfect for Branch.

Biggie approached Poppy. "Poppy... Don't you think you're pushing yourself and others a little too much?" Poppy was quick to respond, "Not at all! Let's work! I need this party to be perfect for Branch! Now Cooper, Satin, and Chenille, I need you three to keep Branch distracted..." Poppy trailed off.

Guy Diamond and Biggie locked glanced before doing as Poppy said.

Back in the bunker, Branch was on the lift, making his way up through the bunker. As he made it outside, he took a deep breath of french air. "Todays gonna be a long day..." He mumbled.

Branch started walking though, a 'smile' plastered on his face. Suddenly, Cooper, Satin, and Chenille came up to Branch. "Branch! Hey, come with us!" before Branch could say anything or question them, he was getting dragged off.

                                    —————

Around noon, planning and setting up the party was finished. Poppy was so excited. Now, all she needed was her boyfriend.

As everyone got into place, you could hear Cooper, Satin, Chenille, and Branch coming up in the distance. Poppy looked around, "Alright, everyone into place!" And everyone started scattering in their places.

As Branch made it into view, he looked around at Cooper, Satin, and Chenille. "What's this all abo-" And before Branch could finish his sentence, everyone jumped out, shouting "Surprise!" Branch jumped at first but when he realized what was going on, he froze.

He didn't know how to react or what to do. All he could do was stand there and stare. "Branch, Are you okay?"

Branch didn't even begin to realize the tears filling his eyes until Poppy asked if he was okay. Branch gave no response, he just turned around and ran off.

Poppy watched Branch with a look of worry and concern. "I- Branch! Come back!" Poppy called out, before shoving through trolls and chasing after Branch.

It took a bit but Poppy eventually found Branch. He was sitting on the ledge of a cliff, his knees pulled to his chest.

Poppy slowly approached. "Branch sweetie... What's wrong?" Poppy asked softly. Branch jumped at the sudden approach of Poppy. He instantly looked away, wiping at his face... But didn't respond.

Poppy made her way over next to him, "May I... Sit here next to you..?" Branch just nodded and Poppy sat next to him.

"It's your birthday Branch, Why'd you run off and why are you crying?" Branch sighed at the question Poppy asked before resting his head in his knees.

"I guess it was because..." Branch trailed off but didn't finish talking. Poppy reached over and put her hand on Branch's shoulder. "Don't feel rushed to tell me Branch. Take your time. I'm here for you, I'm not going anywhere." Poppy told him, with a soft smile on her face.