vest | broppy/just branch (idk)

Not all that necessary but I saw this hc where Branch was transmasc/trans and I decided, I'm gonna slide that hc into this oneshot! Although that's not at all the main focus, I just wanted to drop that :))

This idea struck me when i was rewatching World Tour! So this all takes place a bit after World Tour, right before Band Together!

                                     ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

To Poppy it's portrayed as "just a vest" but to Branch, it has a lot more sentimental value than just a vest. This vest was the last physical thing Branch owned (that he carried) from his brothers'.

So when something happens that ends in his vest being ripped, Branch finds himself running straight to his bunker, not looking back.

                                    ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

Branch was walking around Troll Village with Poppy, his thoughts deeply wrapped around his vest. It was the vest his brother had given him before he left. It was the last thing that reminded him of his brother, not even all his other brothers. It was a reminder of his bond with his brother, how close they used to be. Branch felt a deep sadness, thinking about how he would never see his brother again. Suddenly, a thought occurred to him.

"What if I accidentally ripped..." He stopped his thought almost instantly as he shook his head. That thought always had its way of creeping up in moments that were unnecessary.

Branch couldn't face the mere thought of ripping the vest. It simply had too much meaning behind it.

                                    ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

Branch in fact was too into his thoughts because he didn't even realize Poppy was trying to get his attention until she shouted his name.

"Branch! Hello! Are you okay?"

Branch was instantly brought down back into reality as Poppy called his name.

"Huh? O-Oh yeah I'm okay. Sorry, I was lost in thought." Branch said sheepishly as his hand made its way up to rub the back of his neck.

Poppy let a smile curl her lips as she grabbed his arm. "It's okay. Now you're back to reality, let's go before we're late to the meeting!"

She said, as she pulled him with her while her walking pace sped up. Branch had almost completely forgotten they were heading to a meeting with the other leaders.

                                   ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

As they arrived at the royal pod holding the meeting, they both made their way to the entrance. As they got closer, Poppy could feel Branch tensing up.

Poppy came to a stop, a few inches from the door as she turned and looked at Branch.

"Are you sure you're okay Branch? You can talk to me, you know?" Poppy said, as she grabbed hold of Branch's hands.

Branch hesitated at first but brought his head up to look her in the eyes. "I'm sure. Just a little nervous, you already know I get like this before the meetings. I'll be fine."

Poppy nodded. She then pulled Branch into a hug, one that he returned. They stood there for a moment, embraced in the hug before pulling away.

"Okay, are you ready now?" She asked, resting her hands on his shoulders and seeing him nod in response. She nodded back before then taking his hand and walking into the pod.