Chapter 6: A Day with Sal

Over the next few days you spent a lot of time with Sal and Larry; goofing off, learning how to play the guitar (even though Sal insisted you were a natural), painting, playing games on Sal's Gear Boy, watching horror movies (Larry did in fact scream like a girl and it was hard as fuck for you and Sal not to laugh, even Lisa heard since she was home), and a bunch of other things.

It was getting closer to the first day of school, and you were excited about it—before remembering The Bologna Incident. You shuttered, knowing you were going to just bring your own lunch. You were hanging out in the living room, watching f/s (favorite show), when there was a knock on the front door. Your parents took Paxton shopping for school, and they planned to take you tomorrow, so you got up and answered the door. "Hey is–Oh! y/n!" Sal said as you opened the door and stood in the doorway. "Hey, Sal! What's up?" You asked and looked up to him–realizing you were still in your pajamas. "I was coming to see if you'd want to go up to the 5th floor today? Larry's out with Lisa right now and I have nothing better to do," Sal said, and you nodded, "Just give me a sec to get dressed! You can come in and wait." You said and stepped back so Sal could come inside.

You shut the door after Sal came in, before you disappeared into your room and rushed to get dressed, since you didn't want to keep Sal waiting. You pulled on a basic pair of dark grey ripped jeans, a black t-shirt that read in red sharply lettered text next to a red coffin outline: 'Get In Loser', short mitten-like fingerless gloves adorned with chains and a safety pin, and a pair of tall black sneaker boots, the top portion having the appearance of dripping blood with small skeletons on the sides. (Y/N's outfit for today):

After getting dressed, you burst out of your room and ran a hand through your hair to get it out of your face

After getting dressed, you burst out of your room and ran a hand through your hair to get it out of your face. "Alright–let's go!" You said with a smile and Sal got up off the couch, giving Moomoo one last pet. "Damn, you have a good taste for clothing," he said as he followed you to the door and out into the hall. "It just kinda spoke to me, y'know?" You said as you both made your way to the elevator, getting inside and going up to the 5th floor. "Yeah, I get whatcha mean." Sal said with a nod, stepping out onto the 5th floor once the elevator doors opened. You followed him and walked down the derelict hall to 504, and inside the abandoned apartment. You let Sal lead the way to the bathroom, before going inside after him and shutting the door behind yourself.
You and Sal stood there in silence for a moment—before Sal cleared his throat softly, "Megan? Are you here?" He asked to the empty room as you stared at the spot in front of the bathtub. "Megan—I won't hurt you. I'm a friend," You spoke up in a soft and friendly manner–before the faint figure of a purple-haired child appeared out of the floor. "A friend...?" She asked, her voice faint and fading in and out a bit, "Yep! Sal told me a little about you," you said and got on your knees so you'd be on her level, "He said you're really nice, and offered to bring me up here to meet you. I'm y/n." You introduced yourself with a smile as Sal watched, content—and surprised you didn't freak out. He knew you believed in the paranormal, but some people still got super scared. "You have a very lovely name, y/n!" Megan said with a smile, "I like you, not that many people are nice to me." She said–sounding a little sad, and you knew what the poor thing had gone through thanks to the House of the Wretched Gear Boy game...which you remembered was in the Lost and Found box in the basement, along with Megan's necklace. "I'm sure it can get lonely up here...isn't your mom in the room that's boarded up?" You decided to ask, Sal now staring at you in confusion. "Yeah...It can–how do you know?" Megan asked, "I...I guess I'm a bit of a psychic or medium. They're people with special talents that let them know things about the other side." You explained to Megan, who stared at you in awe. "That's cool!" She said with a smile, before letting out a soft squeak, "I have to go now–I hope I see you again y/n and Sally Face!" Megan then proceeded to disappear, and you stood up with a sigh, muttering to yourself... "Poor thing..."