The containment bubble isn't soundproof and it's clear, so you can see through it. Once under action or the ship detects impact, collision or the ship is holed, its walls will go opaque, and it'll switch to internal comm filtered by the ship.

However! There isn't much Eds can do – I've commandeered all the boards. I don't have full control over everything but there's a couple of things that Eds can do that'll slow me down but, he isn't acting on none of that. And hopefully he won't.

               "I abso' order you to comply!" Eds continues to yell, while these fools also continue to run around the bridge.
               "Resolute's targeting us." I say instead, seeing Resolute's impressive weapons array come alive. I've been on the other side of that, never on this side looking at the barrels from this point of view.

Can Eds snatch navcomm from you Jay? – Amy
No, I've commandeered it all – me
Excellent! – Dells
What's more, Addie-Lit JUST got command back – me
Woohoo! – Dells, Amy and Styx

*** Jay, you get that snapshot? *** Addie-Lit.
*** Aye ma'am! ***
*** Excellent. I see we got contact with Resolute. Go on and turn-n-burn it, flat out run for it, Independence heading, nevermind the unsuited fools. Can you hold off Resolute? ***

I amp the gins, switch the light cycle to red-red-red for slide imminent, we've almost got the speed to hop it now.

*** I don't know about holding them off, that's mili-grade heavy metal that can outrun and out-maneuver us but, we almost match them with the comp-sys' suite. ***
*** Well, make 'em work for it, Trip-C aware or will be aware of our situation. ***
*** Aye aye, will do! ***

               "Resolute's not at a standstill and is course correcting on our intercept." I announce. We just need a little bit more speed and I start targeting a region for slide.
               "We're close to the well of this sys', Jay." Styx warns.
               "Know that thanks, I've got the ball." I say.
               "Sir!" Dells alerts as Capitalist's target lock system chimes.

Eds flies over and hops in his seat, taking hold, alarmed. Some of these fools running around does the same thing as I cycle the lights to white-red-white for emergency take-hold and long-pulse the gins to increase speed. Too bad for any and all who haven't taken hold and the gate opens and we enter it, taking that extra pulse of the gins velocity with us.

Yes, I gotta compensate for the star of this system but I've got it and The Capitalist's comp-sys' suite is cutting edge and well capable of adjusting the calculations needed.

However, that's a Colony-classer, capable of over-hauling us and they're probably pissed. I'm gonna skim right out of slide in a few minutes and hope it throws the Capitalist off our tail. Capitalist dutifully warns us of this maneuver with added mentions that we're off-charts with the potential of running into unexpected traffic and objects. I order an upscan upload and proceed to do what I'm gonna do – drop outta slide in five...four...three...two...and one,

               "Gate exit! Run scans and scopes!" I order.
               "On it!" Dells exclaims.

Chart orient shows we're where I expected to be, right in the Front's Edge about fifty klicks of RoyalStar's scopes.

               "Scans clear!" Dells yells.
               "Maintaining V, gonna hop back in slide in five! Chart check!" I pull up the plot, re-plotting course on the fly and decide to head for Outward Bound to keep them off track with the unexpected but still with intents on Independence.
               "Uhoh, got more probs!" Amy alerts.