𝟖, 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER 8
.ೃ*:

The twos peaceful sunset watch on the dock was soon interrupted by the older brothers. They came yelling that it was now time for game night with the Liu's and Hughes.

They both groaned as they heard the snickers from the older boys. "Aw!" Quinn exclaimed as Delilah squeezed her eyes shut and avoided looking at Luke.

"Go away" luke groaned as Delilah slowly inched herself away from the boy. Her cheeks flushed on top of her sun kissed skin. "Its game night!" Quinn informed as Delilah groaned at the thought.

"Okay." luke grumbled as Jack smiled at the two. "We'll meet you there" Jack told them as Luke gave them a thumbs up. As they heard the footsteps getting farther and farther.

Delilah and Luke decided to finally get up and walk towards the house. Which she assumed was at the hughes. "Sorry about them" Luke apologized as he helped her stand up.

"Oh trust me. Ive dealt with them for so long" she laughed as he smiled. Her brunette hair cascaded down her shoulders as he admired her. She felt her cheeks begin to flush again under his gaze.

They neared the Hughes house as they walked through the back door. Lively chatter could he heard echoing the house as Luke groaned not wanting to have a game night with the two families. Especially how competitive on how his brothers get.

She patted his back a bit as his body turned towards her. "We can do it" she encouraged as he laughed and they continued their adventure to the living with. Both families were gathered around the table as most of their heads snapped up to look at the two.

"Hi!" Ellen greeted as both of them waved to the blonde woman. "Delilah be on my team!" Quinn ushered her over as her eyebrow slightly raised. "Okay" she laughed as she walked over to the boy and sat next to him. "Luke you're on mine" Jack waved him over slightly glancing up.

Delilah watched his shoulders slump as she laughed at him. The two families played a couple of board games, that resulted with yelling and competition which led the parents to leave with two much pent up frustration.

The dads were drinking a beer on the porch chatting it up, and the two moms soon left to go watch their reality tv show with a glass of wine in hand.

So left were the three hughes and the brunette girl. Quinn and Delilah were partners, and so were Jack and Luke for the game incoherent. Jack was giving hints out to Luke as he stared blankly back at his brother. "Come on idiot!!" Jack shouted as Quinn and Delilah snickered while watching the boys.

"It makes no sense!" Luke defended as he squinted at the string of gibberish. Both jack and luke werent the brightest even though Luke had gone to college for 2 years. So it was pretty much assumed that Quinn and Delilah were going to win the game.

The timer ran out for them as they pouted. Quinn and Delilah were now going as she squinted at the card. She made a mental note to next time wear her glasses, her eyes were struggling. "Come on!" Quinn shouted at her as she stared at the jumble of letters.

"Slide into your dms!" She shouted the answer as Quinn high fived her. She answered as soon as the timer ran out, which her mouth turned up into triumphant smile. "How?!" Jack pouted as Quinn and Delilah celebrated. "Because you're slow!" Quinn teased his younger brothers as they glared at them.

"Im not slow!" Luke responded as Delilah turned her attention to him. "I dont think you're slow" she assured him while smiling a bit as his cheeks blushed. He gave Quinn a told you so look as Quinn rolled his eyes. Jack stared at the three confused but soon got up and ventured to the kitchen.

Quinn pulled Delilah into a bear hug as she hugged him back. Shes always been closer to Quinn rather than Jack, yeah she was close with Jack but she always saw the eldest boy as her older brother that she never had. He ruffled her brunette waves as she sighed just letting it happen.

Quinn laughed as he let go of her to go follow Jacks same actions into the kitchen. She glanced to just her and Luke as he put the game away. Delilah decided to help put the card away back into the box as she felt their fingers brush. 

"You should have been my partner" Luke pouted as she looked up to him with her face way to close to his. "Sorry" she gave him a small smile as their lips were inches apart. Her breath hitched as Lukes eyes searched hers. Her heart beated faster and felt the adrenaline course through her body.

"Hey Luke come here!" Quinn shouted to him from the other room. They pulled away from each other as she chewed on her bottom lip. Luke closed his eyes and sighed while pushing himself off of the carpeted floor with the help from the arm of the couch.

Luke and her have not gotten one peaceful moment with each other the whole summer. They somehow were always interrupted by someone.

And Luke needed to tell her soon. Or she would never know his true gushing feelings for the girl he needed to call his girl.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
AHHHHH. I love this book and they are so cute. Anyways im on winter break and i never want it to end omg. 🤧🤧. Thanks for reading i love you guys!! 🫶🏻🫶🏻

word count: 951