Chapter Twenty-Nine

RAT YOU ACTUALLY MADE THE POSTER ILYYYY

Here we have (left to right) Ernie, Karl, and Ash as Gretchen, Regina, and Karen from Mean Girls. Don't ask me to explain, I don't even remember how this came up but this is the funniest shit I've seen all week. Enjoy ~~~~

I barely got any sleep that night, and I didn't care enough to get some studying in during the next morning, so I slept in past ten, much to Hermione's indignation. However, the exam was at two, so I still got plenty of studying in.

We entered the Great Hall at two o'clock and took our places in front of our overturned papers. I was so glad that all of this crap was almost over and I could just be done with it and not worry about it. I'd need to go talk to McGonagall about the Herbology exam that I'd most likely failed so she could help me work out some sort of remedial course with Professor Sprout so I could get back on track, but that was the only outlying thing.

"Turn over your papers," said Professor Marchbanks from the front of the Hall, flicking over the giant hourglass. "You may begin."

The exam wasn't too hard; despite Binns' classes being boring as all get out, I was good at memorizing things so history came pretty easily to me. I answered the questions about the goblins, elves, everything. I was locked in, completely focused, until Harry started yelling. Alarmed, I whipped around and saw him pitch sideways out of his chair.

I jumped up to help him, but Professor Marchbanks said, "No, no, I shall take him to the Hospital Wing. You continue your exam."

He helped Harry up and led him, as he protested, out of the Great Hall. The exam was almost over, but that didn't stop me from fretting about it the whole fifteen minutes. I rounded off my last answer and joined Hermione and Ron as we headed out to the Entrance Hall. We looked around the hall for Harry, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe he went to the Hospital Wing?" Ron suggested.

"Would make sense," I muttered, and we turned to head down the hall to the Hospital Wing. We'd barely gotten a few yards before we realized we didn't need to go far; Harry was barreling up the corridor toward us like a madman.

"Harry!" said Hermione at once, looking very frightened. "What happened?"

"Are you okay?" I asked. "What happened? Did you get a migraine, or —"

"Where have you been?" demanded Ron.

"Come with me," Harry said quickly. "Come on, I've got to tell you something..."

He led us along the first-floor corridor, peering through doorways, then found an empty classroom and dived into it, closing the door behind the rest of us the moment we were inside and leaning against it, facing us before dropping the bomb: "Voldemort's got Sirius."

"What?" We demanded in unison, and Ron added, "How d'you — ?"

"Saw it. Just now. When I fell asleep in the exam."

"But — but where? How?" said Hermione, whose face was white.

"I dunno how," said Harry. "But I know exactly where. There's a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls, and they're at the end of row ninety-seven. He's trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there. He's torturing him, says he'll end by killing him."

Harry's voice was shaking, as were his knees. He moved over to a desk and sat down on it, obviously trying to calm himself down. Something about this felt off, and I didn't want to believe Sirius was in danger, but if Harry had seen it...

I sat next to Harry on the desk and put my hand on his shoulder. A battle raged in my head. I knew Dumbledore didn't seem to trust these visions, even though they'd correctly told Harry last year that Voldemort was starting to make a comeback and in December when Mr. Weasley had been attacked. I was worried about Sirius, but if this was a trick of Voldemort's, I didn't want to go rushing off with no plan into some sort of trap. If he wanted both Harry and I, capturing Sirius would be a good way to lure us there.