The End... or The Beginning

Aziraphale looks at his empty arms in shock, his mind feels empty but there's so much love that he doesn't understand. There's something missing though, and he doubles over and sobs, unsure of the reason why.

The rest of the angels and the few demons look around the shop awkwardly, unsure of what to do... or at least that's what Aziraphale assumes until he turns around to see Muriel fighting with the Metatron.

Muriel is pulling a book from the Metatron's hands, and they seem to be losing until a demon, one who looks a bit like an ant, comes to their aid and pulls with them. Between them they get the book away from the Metatron. Muriel picks up a quill and grabs it. "Aziraphale! What was his name?"

Aziraphale puzzles for a moment, struggling... what was whose name? Why would he have forgotten someone he had loved so dearly? Shakily, he stands up and walks over to Muriel. He takes the book from them and looks at the cover, which reads "The Book of Life." He frowns at it, and flips the pages, he stumbles across a blank space- not the only blank space of course, though the blank spaces are few and far between, though this one feels recent. He runs his finger along the spot curiously, his heart speeds up and as he touches the page, ink blooms beneath his fingertips, spelling out a name...

"Crowley." Aziraphale gasps as he hears the distinct tingling of a miracle and turns around to see the demon- his demon- standing in the middle of the bookshop. Without thinking of the present company or any form of decency, he runs to Crowley and pulls him close, Crowley beats him too it and already has his lips to Aziraphale's before the angel can even consider trying to kiss him.

They break apart to smile at each other before somebody clears their throat, and they turn to see the Metatron, who looks rather annoyed.

"While one story of a rebellious Angel and demon being together makes for a good story, having it happen twice seems like an institutional problem." He glares at the two.

Crowley rolls his eyes, "I'd like to point out that Aziraphale have been friends-"

"Have in all honestly been in love..." Aziraphale adds quickly.

"Right, yes, point is he and I have associated with each other for far longer than Gabriel and Beelzebub so, if they can get away with it, why shouldn't we?"

The Metatron sneers, "Angels and Demons do not mix, this sort of thing cannot possibly happen more than one time, it's... it's atrocious, it's unheard of."

Suddenly Muriel clears their throat, and ushers Eric with them. "I believe... that maybe the only reason it's unheard of is because it's never been allowed until... until now. I mean, Eric and I are friends but we associate with each other, and I don't think he is that bad, for a demon. Why must we automatically hate each other?"

After a moment, Demon Josh steps forward, followed by Barachiel who stand beside Crowley and Aziraphale. "uh..." Demon Josh begins, "Barachiel and I have been meeting up on earth to go bowling every now and then, he's a fun guy to be around."

Soon, Michael step up, taking Dagon's hand in her own. "We've been talking for a couple of centuries now, exchanging news and such, it's nice to have someone who understands your struggles with files and organization."

One by one, angels and demons pair up, mentioning and talking about how long they've been talking to each other, nobody beat Aziraphale and Crowley's record of 6000 years, but a couple of groups had been speaking for almost 1000. Soon, the only one left was the Metatron. The few demons and angels who hadn't already had a friend began grouping together and talking before going over to side with Aziraphale and Crowley. "Seems you're a little outnumbered, Metatron." Crowley smiles, looking behind him at the mixed horde of angels and demons.

The Metatron seems furious, "I... I still have God on my side! I know she would never approve of this! The demons were casted out for a reason!"

Then an almost blinding light fills the room, and a voice seems to ring out from everywhere and nowhere at once. "Actually, Metatron, I casted the demons out to see them overcome a rivalry. I did see Aziraphale and Crowley together over the years and did hope their little secret friendship would turn into something more, but I must say it was worth the wait. I was willing to wait and see how long it would take for angels and demons to resolve this rivalry, or how far they were willing to go to keep it running. I gave the humans free will, is it so far fetched to believe that angels and demons could not have the same? Leave them, find it in yourself to see past the deeds of the demons from long ago."

And with that, the light fades, and the metatron is stuck looking dumbfounded. "For someone whose job is literally to be the voice of God you seem quite shocked to be hearing the actual voice of God." Crowley points out. The Metatron doesn't say a word as he slowly makes an exit out of the shop, leaving the angels and demons to celebrate their new found freedoms.

*~One Year Later~*

Crowley and Aziraphale make it home to their cottage in south downs from St. James's park, and Crowley sighs. "I didn't drink nearly enough during the reception I think tonight would be a good night to do that." He closes the car door behind them and grabs Aziraphale's arm, pulling him in for a kiss. "Happy wedding day, angel."

Aziraphale laughs, "Happy wedding day, my love." He smooths the front of Crowley's white suit jacket, "Perhaps I should get you to wear white more often."

Crowley smiles in return, "I must say you don't look bad in black." Aziraphale sighs and pulls Crowley in for a hug.

"I do love you, you know." He mutters, burying his nose into Crowley's neck.

"I do." Crowley agrees, sighs. "So, can I tempt you to a drink?"

Aziraphale smiles, "I have a very nice bottle or two of Chateauneuf de Pas in the cellar..."

Crowley laughs, kissing his husband again softly, before pulling him back in a hug for a moment, and they sway there happily. It ends, as it started, in a garden. In this case, the garden of a lovely cottage in south downs.

And it was a nice day.