CHAPTER 7

Haseena's car screeched to a halt in front of the main entrance of the house. Before her security team could open the door, Haseena swiftly exited the car, carrying Karishma in her arms, and rushed back into the house. With urgency in her steps, she headed towards one of the rooms on the ground floor.

Witnessing this hurried scene, Noor Jahan appeared confused, her memory of Karishma was faint unable to recognise her, while Shivani immediately recognized her and hurriedly followed Haseena.

"Hasu, kya hua Karishma ko?" Shivani inquired with concern.

Placing Karishma gently on the bed, Haseena urgently responded, "Call the doctor now!"

Agreeing swiftly, Shivani nodded and immediately placed a call to the doctor. Meanwhile, Karishma, unconscious, clung to Haseena's blazer as she lay on the bed. In this intense moment, Haseena's mind seemed to erase all traces of the past. Soon, the doctor arrived, and the anxious Haseena paced back and forth in the room as the doctor examined and treated Karishma's wounds.

Worriedly, Haseena asked, "Karu is okay, right?"

The doctor reassured her, "She is absolutely fine. Bas stress ki wajah se behosh hogayi hai. By the way who is she?"

Simultaneously, Shivani and Haseena replied, "My friend!"

Noor Jahan, observing the situation, interjected, "Precisely whose friend is she?"

Haseena intervened quickly, "Mumma, not right now, please. Doctor, when will she gain consciousness?"

The doctor responded, "Bas kuch der mein aa jayega. Jitna ho sake inhe stress se dur rakhiye. I doubt about her mental health. Aap ek baar psychologist se consult kar lijiye."

Haseena nodded in agreement, "I will take care of her and do whatever is necessary."

After handing over the prescription, the doctor left the room. Haseena sat beside Karishma, holding her hand tightly, while Noor Jahan left. Meanwhile, Shivani, feeling insecure and jealous witnessing Karishma's return into Haseena's life, watched the scene unfold, Shivani realised her hopes and dreams for her own marriage seen last night were now shattered. The same care, concern, worries and most importantly the same love for Karishma from Haseena stirred up emotions Shivani hadn't expected to confront.

An hour passed, and Karishma slowly opened her eyes, feeling her headache resurface. She noticed Haseena in the room, engaged in a call.

"Do as I say... Don't you dare make alternative changes. If it's not possible by your team, inform me. I will hire another one. But I need it at all costs!" Haseena's anger peaked during the conversation.

Fatigued, Karishma attempted to call out to Haseena. "Hasu..."

Haseena turned her attention to Karishma and rushed towards her. "Why did you sit? Tumhe rest ki zaroorat hai."

Holding her forehead, Karishma inquired, "Hum theek hai. Hum kahan hai?" She glanced around, seeking her bearings.

In a sarcastic tone, Haseena replied, "Jahannum mein... Sorry to inform you. You are dead."

Karishma responded in a similar manner, "Tum ne humara peecha yahan bhi nai chhoda? Hume laga koi jalad hume humare gunaho ka saza dega. Kahi wo tum hi toh nai?"

Feigning surprise, Haseena replied, "Wow...! How did you know? Hum hi wo jalad." She gently made Karishma lay back. "Rest karo... Hum kuch khane ke liye lekar aate hai."

In stubbornness, Karishma retorted, "Hum kuch nai chahiye tum se."

Arrogantly, Haseena responded, "Tumhare se koun puch raha hai? Shut your mouth and rest! I will be back shortly."