CHAPTER 23

As the security guard swung the gate open, it creaked on its hinges, allowing Haseena to speed the car into Mallik Villa's grand entrance. The tires screeched to a dramatic halt, adding a sense of urgency to their arrival. With a collective sigh of relief, all three passengers hastily exited the vehicle.

Mallik Villa stood magnificent in the night, adorned in a breathtaking display of lights cascading from the roof, creating a mesmerizing canopy overhead. Every corner was adorned with meticulously arranged flowers and bouquets, their fragrant perfume mingling with the crisp evening air. Spotlights danced across the facade, highlighting the intricate architectural details and casting enchanting shadows.

Despite the festive atmosphere, Haseena's demeanor betrayed her inner turmoil as she stormed out of the car, her fury evident in the air. Karishma followed closely behind, her expression a mixture of concern and apprehension, as they made their way into the opulent mansion.

"Hasu..." Karishma's voice trailed off as she reached out to her, her words laced with worry. "Honey, wait... Kya hua?"

Haseena's stride halted abruptly as she spun around, her grip on Karishma's arm tightening as she pinned her against the adjacent pillar of the reception area.

"Do you even have any idea what could have happened today?" Haseena's voice seethed with anger, though she managed to keep it restrained. Karishma attempted to interject, but Haseena cut her off sharply. "Don't you dare to open our bloody mouth! Wahi rehti wo ring, koun leta wo cheap ring. I would have sent someone to retrieve it. Situation ki seriousness bhi pata hai? Hum yahan din raat ek kar rahe hai taki sab safe ho aur tum uss ek ring ke liye tumari, humari sab ki jaan ke saath khel rahi ho? Humara chhodo... Apne baare mein soucha hai? Apna nai toh kam se kam hum dono baare mein souch leti!"

Tears welled up in Karishma's eyes as she tried to defend herself. "Humari liye bahut important hai. Humari jaan se bhi badh kar. It's not cheap... It's precious. Very precious to me."

Haseena's frustration reached its peak, her voice echoing through the hallway as she moved closer to Karishma,"Shut up! Hume majboor mat karo kuch galat karne se."

Karishma bowed her head, her voice barely audible as she whispered, "Sorry..."

Haseena gripped Karishma's face firmly with one hand, forcing her to meet her gaze."Sorry? Really, Karishma? Hum kya kare tumare sorry ka? Hume ya tumhe iss sab mein kuch ho jata toh? Who would be responsible for it? Give me that ring."

With a sharp jerk, Haseena released her hold on Karishma. Karishma retrieved the ring from her purse and handed it to Haseena. Taking the ring, Haseena grasped Karishma's left hand and forcefully pushed it onto her ring finger. Despite her furious state, Karishma could sense the glimmer of care and concern in Haseena's words. Though Haseena's harsh words had brought tears to her eyes, Karishma could sense the depth of the emotions behind them.

"Ab yehi ring hume zindagi bhar tumare haath mein dekhni chahiye. Because of this you risked your life in danger, right? Now, the moment you take it off, I will kill you with my own hands", Haseena declared as her tone carried a weight of anger.

In a sudden surge of urgency, Karishma pulled Haseena close by her collar and kissed her urgently. She gave Haseena no time to respond and kissed her deeply and passionately, her fingers clenched tightly around Haseena's shirt collar. Haseena remained passive, silently acquiescing to Karishma's desires. After a few minutes, Karishma pulled away due to shortness of breath and embraced Haseena tightly.

"Calm down... Kuch nai hoga hume. Hum bilkul theek hai honey... Tumare rehte hue hume kuch nai ho sakta. I know you will always protect me, and I will do the same for you. Hum tumhe kuch hone nai denge", Karishma reassured Haseena with a calm and soothing voice.