The Handyman

Chapter 13
The Handyman
Your Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

<Wednesday>

I sit on the couch, swinging my legs back and forth as I wait for the storm to pass. I listen to the roaring sound of the thunder while the lightning illuminates the dark, powerless room. I can't sleep with all the noise. The thunder with the light of the lightning and all the barking dogs. That's enough to keep a girl awake.

I grab a flashlight and check the time on a wireless clock. It's a little past midnight.

I hear a car park in the driveway. I look out the window to see an old, beat up truck. A familiar man with a green shirt that had a question mark on it came out of it. He fixes his hat as he talks to someone in the truck. He starts walking... to the door. I hear him knock.

"Hello? Are you dudes home?" I walk over to it and open the door.

"H-hi," I say, doing my best not to appear scared. I shake my head and with what is left of my braveness, repeat, "Hi."

"Hey, girl dude. I'm Soos, the Mystery Shack's handyman."

"Then what are you doing here then?"

"Your guardian, I guess, must have called about your power being out, and I came to fix it!"

"B-but you work at the Mystery Shack." I say, "What would you be doing here?" He walks in, and I close the door behind him. Soos, as he told me, sits his tool box down.

"The Mystery Shack is closed at this time. I was told I can fix a little power outage." Soos looks through his toolbox before heading to the breaker.

I look out at his truck. I know I've seen it before...
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Hi! I'm back! Did you miss me? Admit it, you missed me. I know, that was a really short chapter. Forgive me.

Anywho, thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments! Bye!