3 - Minotaur

Angela

Every second we were getting closer and closer to the minotaur, that thing? Whatever it is, I don't know, I'm not an expert. The only thing I know is that it's big, wearing slips and coming towards us.

Normally I work well under pressure but what is this, a big hairy thing that wants to kill me. Again something wants to kill me, great. I'm sick of the whole killing thing. Until a few hours ago I was just an normal kid, practically friendless but a normal kid. Exactly, practically friendless, oh no Larysa!

Angela, pull yourself together you can't let your only friend die! Think, think Angela. What can you do to get rid of it? Kill it? I don't know anything to make this thing go away.

I unintentionally stopped and started looking around. I won't manage to climb the tree. It's too late for Larysa to bounce me up, just like all those cheerleaders. Actually, who am I kidding there's no way this could work.

At the moment when I was trying to think of something, Larysa was trying to fight this minotaur. I think she tried to cut off his horn but how would that help, in fact my standing and thinking doesn't help anyone either, even worse because I look like a total idiot standing like that.

Think!

Rocks! But not normal rocks, rocks formed in the shape of stairs. Going up high enough that if I ran very fast I would be able to stab my sword into the upper part of his back and then slide down smoothly killing him in the process. This is not that bad of an idea.

"Larysa!"

"What?" she asked, avoiding the entire tree with roots that the minotaur had just thrown at her.

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do!" she replied, dodging another attack.

"Would you be able to direct him towards those stones so that he stands backwards?" I asked, moving away just enough so that I could have a higher boost to kill the minotaur.

"I think so," she replied directing him slowly towards the stones.

I started running, getting farther and faster with each passing moment. Once the minotaur was positioned Larysa shouted.

"Now!"

At the same moment I was already on top of the rocks, and as I jumped on his back my sword slammed perfectly into his neck, with the weight of my body I brought the sword down killing him.

Falling to the ground on some small stone because the minotaur turned into gray dust, I cut my head open. The only thing I remember after the fall was Larysa crying for help followed by the fact that someone was carrying me then some room after that I was lying on a bed that had a canopy.

The last thing I remember was Larysa sitting on one side holding my hand with tears in her eyes and some other girl standing over me on the other side looking at me intensely.

"Why is she sleeping with her mouth open, wait is she drooling?" said the strange girl I've never met.

"Annabeth!" said a warm male voice.

Immediately after that, everything went black.

Larysa

"Annabeth!" I looked up and even though Luke's voice wasn't directed at me, I felt better when I heard it, we hadn't seen each other for a long time because I was with Angela all the time.

Luke was one of the first people who was nice to me, not because of what I looked like or who my mother was, but because he wanted to be friends with me.

"What?"

"What did I tell you, um? You were supposed to be in your cabin."

"But I didn't do anything!" even though Angela almost bled to death, their little banter put a small smile on my face, they were so similar to me and her.

"Go to your cabin, now"

"But-"

"Go," Annabeth sighed and left the infirmary. Immediately after she left, Luke looked at me.

"It's good to see you, Larysa," he said with a warm smile on his lips.

Sniffling from crying, I replied, "It's good to see you too, Luke."

After exchanging greetings, Luke left the room.

Sooo good news Angela is going to meet Luke in the next chapter.

Bad news chapters will appear every other day (I hope) because I returned to school.

Thank you so much for choosing my fanfic. Hope you like it.

Love you A.