6 - Dad

Angela

'I stood on the beach with the stormy sea in front of me. What was I doing here or why was I here were the first questions I wanted to ask but couldn't. Whenever I tried to say something no sound would come out of my mouth all I could do was stare ahead at the sea because I couldn't move either.

I stood on this beach stuck in the sand with a feeling as if someone was controlling me but at the same time pulling me towards the water. I didn't understand any of this why someone or something wasn't letting me move or speak but at the same time encouraging me to get closer to the water?

Out of curiosity I gave in to this feeling and took a step closer to the sea and it calmed down a bit. To check I tried to give a step in a completely different direction but I couldn't move so I started to slowly approach the water that was in front of me.

With each step the sea calmed down more and more, why I don't know, but it also brought peace to me. Once I was just a step away from the water I heard a voice, so familiar and warm.

"Don't be afraid my dear, you will be safe here."'

Waking up with cold sweat trickling down my back, I jumped up gently as I was breathing heavily. It was just a dream, the strangest and scariest one I had ever had but still just a dream.

I looked out the window which was next to my bed, it looks like it was five o'clock in the morning at the very most. I looked around me, I truly hope I didn't wake anyone up.

I quietly got up, made my bed took my things and went to change into a swimsuit, shorts and some orange shirt that Larysa left on my bed yesterday. I went back to the cabin 11 left my pajamas and took a big towel.

After that very strange dream, something inside me told me to go straight to that little beach Larysa had shown me. I don't know why, but ever since I was a little girl something inside me has been pulling me to the water, whether it was the sea, a river or even just rain every time it pulled me as if it wanted to consume me forever.

Without knowing when I found myself on a beach with gently rough water, and just like in my dream, the water calmed down more and more with every step I took.

"Weird," I said under my breath.

I stepped onto the small pier and spread out my towel, took off my shoes and my shirt and shorts. Looking at the rising sun, I sat on the edge of the pier with my legs dangling.

Sitting like this and breathing in the morning summer air, I realized that I might be able to call this place home sooner than I thought. There was almost everything here that I loved most in the world but the only thing missing was Percy and Mom.

To stop thinking about how much I missed them, I got up and jumped into the water. Almost immediately, I felt like I was in the warmest and tenderest hug of my entire life.

"Open your eyes and start breathing," said the same voice as in my dream.

At first I didn't want to do it, but I gave in to the feeling of warmth that surrounded me. I slowly opened my eyes after which I opened my mouth and started breathing as if I were above the surface of the water.

"Oh fuck I'm breathing underwater," I said in surprise.

"And I can talk underwater," I added, but before I could say or do anything else someone grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me up above the surface of the water.

"Princess, do you want to die?" Luke said, still holding my shoulders. Fear written all over his face.

"No," I replied, wondering why he cared so much.

"Then why have you been underwater for a good twenty minutes or so?"

I was underwater for that long? Despite my surprise, I had to think of something because I didn't want to look like an idiot who tried to kill herself.

"I can breathe underwater for a long time," I said in a firm voice so that he wouldn't think I was making it up.

"Yes? Then why did Larysa come to me crying, telling me that you were drowning, ha?"

"I don't know..."

"Angela, are you kidding me?" he asked in a very serious tone and he called me by my name, not princess.

My name sounded so wonderful from his lips that I wanted to ask him if he could say it again but instead I swallowed and wanted to answer him but he added.

"You know what, it's better if you don't say anything anymore, will you be able to get out of the water and get dressed?"

Shocked at how quickly Luke could turn from kind and caring to cold and rough, I replied quietly "Yeah"

"Then I'll wait for you by the tree so that Larysa won't get mad at me for leaving you all alone," he said and got out of the water. Only then I noticed that he was still wearing his clothes, so he didn't take them off when he jumped into the water to "save" me.

Sooo anyway thank you so much for choosing my fanfic and I hope you like it.

Love you A.