The first impression

Here's another story that I don't want to hold back any longer. However, since it is still largely work in progress and only the rough plan is in place, updates are to be expected rather irregularly.
I want to dedicate this story to MyFunSong for allowing me to publish it and for you looking forward to it, despite the fact that I unfortunately discovered that this story, which I have been planning for a long time, has some parallels to two of your stories. That really wasn't intentional and as we've both already noticed, two great minds really do seem to think alike 😉 So Dzieki

The landscape that passed by was beautiful to look at. Green pastures that stretched far and wide, framed by the quarry stone walls typical of this region, dark forests on the horizon and far in the distance the sea, which could not be seen from here. But I knew for sure that it was there, even if it wouldn't be my area of ​​operation in the station where I was working from today on.

A few months ago I did a four-week internship at Pontypandy Fire Station to prepare myself for practice after graduating from the academy. It had been so exciting and an honor to work under the great firefighter and station officer Sam Jones.

Everyone knew him at least since the movie he made 10 years ago. I was just a kid back then, but I knew from then on that I wanted to be a firefighter one day too - and to be at least as good as Sam Jones himself.

He had far exceeded my professional expectations and I had learned so much in those four weeks. On the other hand, as a person, he was quite a grumpy person who rarely smiled or joked.

“So, are you excited yet?” Susen asked me with a smile and pulled me out of my thoughts. Susen had become my best friend ever since we started our training together at the Cardiff Academy. We were a pretty good team, but unfortunately we couldn't get a place on the same station, but we did get a place in the neighboring towns. At least that way we would always be able to meet and exchange ideas about our experiences in our new areas of operation.

"No more or less than you, I think," I replied with a grin.

"Too bad we're not assigned to the same station."

"But it's strange that we're assigned to the station where the other one of us did his internship, isn't it? You certainly won't get bored in Pontypandy. I promise you that!"

"You definitely do. Tonypridd doesn't lack for missions either, but when I think of what you told me about Pontypandy, it can't be compared," she replied, suddenly looking serious.

"Are you scared?" I teased with a grin to cheer her up and she grimaced before sticking out her tongue.

"Certainly not because of the missions. But because of the station Officer quite a bit, if he really is such as grumpy as you always say," she objected with a sigh and looked out the window again into the distance where Pontypandy was lying while we were driving into the town that was before it.

"But he knows what he's doing. You'll learn from the best!" I clarified to at least calm her down a bit and the other two on the team were pretty okay too. Susen would definitely get along well with them, especially with Ellie.

"Oh, don't underestimate Tonypridd. The people there are also perfectly trained, thanks to the station officer there," Susan now clarified with a smile.

"I am looking forward to it." The bus driver announced Tonypridd as the next stop and I got up to get my two suitcases out of the storage compartment. "Then good luck, Susen. You'll text me?"

"Sure. See you later, Niall!"

I waved to her again as the bus finally stopped and the door opened with a loud hiss before I stepped out.