Episode 2.

2- A Splatter Of Rose

━─━────༺༻────━─━

As the moon bathed the Obsidian Palace in a soft, silvery glow, Aeternitheos sat cross-legged on a plush rug in his bedroom. The bedroom, though modest, held a certain warmth that contrasted with the cold exterior of the palace. Aeternitheos, absorbed in a picture book adorned with vibrant illustrations regarding how the sorcerer would freeze his heart, traced the images on the page with his tiny fingers.

The room's tranquillity was interrupted by a faint tinkling sound, like the chiming of distant wind chimes.

Aeternitheos looked up, his jewel-red eyes widening in surprise.

The air seemed to shimmer as the same faeries that had visited him at the enchanted fountain materialised in his bedroom.

"Here for another visit?" Aeternitheos whispered with a small smile. It was the fifth time this week but he enjoyed their company in this lonely palace of his.

After multiple visits to the fountain, Aeternitheos discovered that the walls surrounding the Obsidian Palace had some sort of magical properties that kept the faeries out.

Let's just say, the Obsidian Walls had a hole somewhere now.

And to him, that somehow made the place less suffocating.

Now, instead of going to the fountain himself, the faeries would just appear around him whenever they deemed fit or if they missed them, and they visited quite frequently.

With wings that sparkled like stardust, the faeries hovered gracefully above his bed, emanating an aura of calming light. They danced around him and took turns pressing themselves to his cheek as a greeting. Aeternitheos, setting aside his book, watched in awe as they produced small, shimmering treasures from their delicate hands— golden coins, silver trinkets, and jewels that glinted in the moonlight.

A faery with iridescent wings spun around him, causing him to laugh softly at the display of sheer curiosity. He pulled out the precious ruby from his pocket, which was now attached to a small gold chain before placing it on the crown of his golden hair.

The faery smiled back at him, tapping lightly on the big ruby jewel on his forehead.

As the other faeries circled Aeternitheos, they gently placed the treasures on the bed before him. The golden coins sparkled like stars, the silver trinkets seemed to hold the moon's glow, and the jewels gleamed with colours unseen in the mortal realm.

Aeternitheos said softly, rubbing their heads, "Thank you."

Thanks to his new friends, he didn't have to conjure up treasures to fill the Obsidian Palace, and he could now control his mana better since he didn't need to use it constantly.