A new beginning ?

The city of Townsville Earth 165:

The city of Townsville, a wonderful city where the sun shines, the birds sing and the people are... well, people. People get ready for work or school, say goodbye and...

« Brady, get away from me and take your breakfast. » shouted Betty from her bathroom.

« Stop trying to be pretty. Mitch won't notice it.» replied Brady, sticking out his tongue.

« You little brat, if I catch you, I swear... »
She threw a towel to her little brother as he ran away. He closed the door before the towel could touch him. Betty mumbled against her little brother, a m boy of 7 years old, goofy, mischievous but sweet when he needed something.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror for a while. What's the point to do this ? She thought. She took off her hair elastic and made an Afro out of her hair. The curls of her voluminous hair surrounded her pretty face. Her black almond eyes stared at every centimeter of her face. Even though the spark in them had gone and dark circles were around them. She looked at her brown skin and some pimples here and there. She sighed. Her luscious mouth was covered with lip gloss, she decided to remove it, after all, her little brother was right. What's the point to do this ? To get Mitch's attention ? For a man ? No way !

She went back to her bedroom, she had her own private room, quite useful when you have two turbulent brothers and when you are the only girl. Her bedroom was big, a big room just for her. There was a bed in the middle of the room, covered with green and white sheets. At first glance, the whole room was green. Some weights were lying around, a poster of her favorite band, The GangGreenGang. Around the poster, some records of famous singers, jazz, rock, punk... decorated the wall.

She looked out the window outside, a beautiful day, a sunny day, no clouds and another boring day. She opened her wardrobe and looked for something to wear. She wasn't the type of girl who wore dresses, or only for special occasions, and everything in her wardrobe was basically black or green. She took a pair of black cargo pants with a green top that showed off her abs. She never liked her body, or at least people looking at it. She put an oversized leather jacket over her top and zipped it halfway up to hide her abs, and by the way, her muscular body. She looked in the mirror one more time and went into to the breakfast room where Brady was eating his cereal while watching Ben 10.

« If you keep eating those cereals, your teeth will rot and fall out one by one. »

Betty teased her little brother as she prepared her bowl to eat the same cereals.

« Stoooop ! Or I will tell mom. » he was annoyed.

« Oh no ! I'm sooo scared... » she laughed at this point.

« Stop bothering Brady. » said Brandon, her brother. He gave her a flick between the eyebrows. She protested.

« It's none of your business. »

She got into an attack position and punched her brother in the stomach. Ouch... his stomach was hard. Brandon was her older brother, he was 23 years old and in his last year of college. Brandon did several sports, especially fighting sports, like everyone else in Betty's family. His specialities are Takwendo and English boxing.
He laughed when his sister tried to hurt him.

« It's my business when the parents aren't around here. »

She rolled her eyes. Brandon was like that, he was protective, especially when it came to his siblings. Betty is the only girl between these turbulent but adorable brothers.