''Yep.''

And she found her way to the roof...

Nah.

She found her way to a little garden-like park built in the middle of the tribute center.

The smooth grey concrete walls surrounding it made it feel like a prison but this was the closest to feeling free from this all.

Percy pulled her hands through the bushes foliage.

The Capitol was all she imagined it to be and yet... Not.

It was grand, a city of concrete bustling with life and colors, of people more interesting then the next, taste exquisite and wonderful smells. A said to be a utopia where all wished to live.

But if you look close it is a facade, and it is crumbling before Percy's eyes... And she didn't know how to take it.

The grandeur was created from putting down the districts.

The concrete suffocated all, killing greenery to replace it by glass and metal.

The bustling life was just like in the districts, people living their mundane lives.

The colors were just over the top outfits to show how superior they all are to the districts and to each other.

The people interesting through seer audacity and the vile feeling that filled her heart in their presence.

The taste exquisite because the districts were starving and the peacekeepers barely floating above the drowning masses.

The wonderful smells to cover up the rotten core.

The utopia being a twisted mirror of the evil and oppression felt out in the districts while also blinding these people to the reality of the world.

And this all was hard to swallow for a girl that had until recently vowed to get herself transferred here once she becomes a peacekeeper... And now she was wishing for home.

Sitting on a little bench to the side on the gravel path, looking at the trees forcefully planted here in an orchestrated show of greenery.

For years she had been taught how they descended from 2 and how she bleeds 2 but the tribute is correct... Percy has coal dust in her veins.

Since when did she like living in 12? The poorest district, the worst district? Since when did she start calling it home? When did it start?

Sitting under the shade of big trees, all that came to mind was 12's trees are taller, thicker, stronger.

She needs to figure this out because her mind kills her in these damned games.

She is a candidate, come on, get it together.

You can't be like Artemis, you can't.

Get is together!

--------------------------------------------------

She sat at the poisonous plant station with a tablet on her knees, trying to match the symptoms of eating the plant with their image and she was struggling.

"I wouldn't validate that." A familiar voice came, Katniss leaning around her shoulder and looking at the image and description chosen.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." She tapped the screen and selected a dark round little berry before clicking validate and the screen flashed green. "This is what nightlock looks like, it grows on the outskirts of 12, you should know this."

"I am a candidate, unlike you I don't skip the fence to go outside of it to find these weird poisoned berries."

"I thought they'd have taught you that." She sat next to her, now also interested in this plant matching training game, Percy shifting it so the tablet was balancing on her knee and Katniss' so it was easier to see the screen, seems these two can actually get along when they want too.

"Nah, I am taught to eviscerate people, not what plant to eat or how to make a fire since I would have no need for that as I was meant to be a peacekeeper before all of this."

"I only know this because my mother worked with medical plants." Katniss tapped the screen to select the description as Percy was hesitating between two after selecting an image.

"And hunting? You got yourself so many times into the reaping bowl that it is a surprise you didn't get pulled earlier."

"Partially your fault."

"Right but that doesn't answer me."

"Somewhat learned by myself, partially with my father."

"Ah..." Creating a pair of the screen and validating it.

"Are we really that disadvantaged?"

"In the games? Atrociously... The careers look plenty lethal but there is the other five candidates and I doubt that we all have the same education as the only one I know that can shoot in 12 is you and here go 5 and 6 with bullseye all morning." A bit exaggerated but for someone knowing nothing about archery it seemed like that. "And for the two from 7 and one from 11, I have no idea."

"So we really have no choice but to team up huh?"

"Nope." Popping the P. 

"We are fucked."

"Yep."