14-15

14.Hidden

"Housekeeper Wang, This Lady gave you the chance to come clean, but you just wasted the opportunity This Lady gave you. Don't blame This Lady for being unmerciful."

XuanRong glared at Housekeeper Wang who was sitting with his butt on the floor. She did not care that the old man was bleeding on his forehead as she continued to look at him disdainfully.

"I gave you the chance, but you shamelessly denied everything. Housekeeper Wang, do you really view This Lady as an idiotic girl who knows nothing? Let me tell you, I, XuanRong, am not the same person as before. Ha! Did you really think that you were able to hide the misdeeds you've done for years inside this manor?"

*step*

*step*

*step*

XuanRong slowly made her way towards Housekeeper Wang. Carrying another book, she calmly recited the words written inside the book.

"Year of the Ox, XingYue[1]. Total profit, 320 gold coins. Year of the Ox, TaoYue[2]. Total profit, 405 gold coins. Year of the Ox, HuaiYue[3]. Total profit, 337 gold coins. Ah? How come the profit written here all exceeded more than 300 gold coins?"

When XuanRong reached Housekeeper Wang, she leaned forward and showed the shop manager's signature & thumb mark at the bottom of the paper.

"Tell me Housekeeper Wang, how can you explain why the accounting records you gave me only have 50 to 100 gold coins per month as the total profit from the shop? Where did the other gold coins go?"

Housekeeper Wang paled but he refused to yield. He gritted his teeth and disregarded the throbbing sensation he felt on his forehead. He slowly stood up, trying to stabilize his footing. He stared at XuanRong and stubbornly denied her allegation.

"Di XiaoJie. This old servant really doesn't recognize these books. This old servant already gave you the accounting records. Those accounting records were not falsified by this old servant! This old servant doesn't know anything! Someone must have thought of framing this old servant! This old servant was framed! This old servant is innocent!"

XuanRong sneered with contempt. Housekeeper Wang repeatedly insisted that someone was scheming to frame him. There was no need to point out who that 'someone' was. Even before his final struggle, Housekeeper Wang was still very shameless.

"Oh? Then who do you think schemed behind your back to frame you? Could you be thinking that it was This Lady who planned everything?" XuanRong laughed.

"You think highly of yourself, Housekeeper Wang. A mere servant like you is not worthy of my time & effort. If I want to, I can even dispose you with just a flick of my hand & destroy your line with just a snap of my fingers."

When Housekeeper Wang heard the words 'destroy your line', his countenance twisted as if he was suddenly struck by lightning. His face turned ashen.

'No! Did she know something? Impossible!' Seeing the horror in Housekeeper Wang's eyes, XuanRong felt delighted. She turned & slowly walked back towards the table, returning the book on the top of the stack.

"WANG-MIN-JUE."

Housekeeper Wang once again fell on the ground. His body shook, coupled with the bloodstain on his clothes, he looked so pitiful that one couldn't help but sympathize with him.

"H-how.. h-how---"

"How did I find your 'hidden' son? Housekeeper Wang ah, you cannot contain smoke[4]."

Housekeeper Wang snapped himself out of trance and immediately kowtowed in front of XuanRong.

*baam!*