22. Mt. Fu Base

On the first night of our marriage, Xander proposed to spend a quality time with her. He felt guilty that he couldn't take her to a beautiful place on their honeymoon.

Artemis just laughed at the pouting General with stoic face and said it doesn't matter, as long as their together.

She's passed the stage of her youth where she yearns for these impractical things. She had long since forgotten a lot of these after spending 10 years in Apocalypse.

Actually, Xander knows that, but he still wants to make things special for her. Thinking of this, he proposed to take her to space for a day. He couldn't extend it longer since it's already January 27. Three days before the Apocalypse.

Artemis agreed. She first checked the kids, then requested Zion to take care of Zia and Zoe in space while she's gone. The always responsible and clever boy immediately agreed after she promised to give him access to the advance research samples in space warehouse (the one left by Timothy Smith)

She then informed the 'Deck' that the whole family has to go out and they will come back after a day. With the assurance of her subordinates, she and the kids followed Zion at the peak of the mountain.

The mountain top was actually flat and wide, this was expected since the mountain is very huge, and  it is the tallest mountain in the continent.

She decided to put the twins in space, in case some accidents will happen.

As we walk, a look of doubt crossed her face, but still followed Xander at the edge of the cliff. Just as they're at the edge, a low humming sounded, then the ground slowly materialized a stairs going down.

After walking for ten minutes, she found herself infront of a narrow cave. As they go further, the pathway widens little by little, and at the edge of the cave stands a tall and majestic iron gate.

It's a 8 meter tall, 6 meter wide, two door automatic gate. After Xander flicked some button on his watch-like machine on his wrist, the heavy double door opened.

Zion couldn't take his eyes off the wrist watch, and Xander as a Dad, took it off and threw it to him to play. Zion was so excited that he decided to ignore us completely.

By this time, my heart wouldn't calm down. The fact that Xander created an underground base at the peak of the Mt. Fu was something she did not expect. In her last life, Mt. Fu was the biggest base in the country, but the base was built on the mountain and surrounding land. Seeing the sturdy and high tech infrastructure, she became excited.

"This will be our place in the future, as well as the place for the 800 subordinates. (Orphans raised and trained by Calum family)

There are (30) floors in total ;
01-20  - Warehouses (300 in total)
21-22  - Production lines
23        - Smithy
24        - Scientific Research Laboratory
25        - Calum Residence
26-29  - Subordinates Residence
30        - Head Quarters Office
              Conference Rooms
              Mission Hall & Canteen

(300) Warehouses allocation ;
001-020 - Vehicles & Large Machinery
021-050 - Building Materials
051-060 - Energy Sources like Gasoline
061-079 - Armory
071-100 - Daily Necessities & Clothes
101-300 - Food

"The warehouses are already fully packed so we don't have to worry for awhile. The rest will be collected after the country's order collapsed" he presented one by one.

"Don't worry, 90% of the materials was placed inside the space, and I bet your's has many time more" he whispered so that only the two of them could hear.