Will works late

(16 years old)

I was driving around Chicago in my brand new car after school. I had just gotten my full licence a month ago and Will and Jay finally are letting me drive around alone. I was in my grade eleven year, so having my licence this early was a flex. I was on my way home to wait for Will to get home. He was going to take me to watch a movie tonight at the theatre called 'Anyone But You.' I have heard good reviews of it from my friends, so I was really excited to watch it.

I got home and parked in the parking lot at the apartment building. I took my keys out of the ignition and started from the entrance. I made my way up and into the apartment. I placed my keys on the counter and took my coat off. I smiled at the smell of food, so I went into the kitchen and found Jay cooking. He was making hamburgers on the stove top, so I went over to him and gave him a hug at his waist from beside him.

"Hey Bri. How was school?" My older brother asked me.

"Pretty good. I have a little bit of homework to do. And remember I'm not eating much because Will and I are having movie popcorn and candy tonight, so I want to save room." I said walking to my room.

"Yup. But why are you home so late?" Jay quizzed me.

"I drove around trying to buy some time, and because I finally get my freedom." I said smiling.

"Ok I'll call you out when these are ready." Jay yelled. I nodded and turned back around and entered my room.

Twenty minutes later Jay called me into the dining room and we sat down and ate. I only had one hamburger with no bun. I really wanted to save my appetite for all the junk tonight. Will doesn't normally let me eat all that much candy and sugar, but he makes an exception since we don't go to the movie theatres very often.

"I have to go to work, love you Bri." Jay said as I was sat on the table.

"Ok I love you too. Have fun." I say back.

Jay scoffs, "I'll try my hardest not to." He said sarcastically. "You have fun with Will." He told me giving me a kiss on the head and leaving me to eat alone.

I finished my food and decided to finish my homework before I go to the movies. I was on the couch with my laptop on my knees. I had my glasses on and I put my hair up into a messy bun. I had my AirPods in when I felt a vibration beside me on the couch. I looked over and saw someone was calling me, looking at the caller ID I answered my oldest brother.

     Me: "Hey Will what's up are you going to be home soon we have to go."

     Ginger Nut: "Hey Audrey, I'm really sorry, but I can't take you to the moves tonight. They need me to work over time."

     Me: "Well did you ask if someone else could?"

     Ginger Nut: "I tried, no one else can."

     Me: "Well, tell them you can't."

     Ginger Nut: "I can't do that, you know that."

     Me: "I know..."

     Ginger Nut: "Doctor Halstead trauma room three. That was Maggie I have to go. Again I'm really sorry Bri.

     Me: "I know you are."

     Ginger Nut: "Look I love you, and I promise I'll make it up to you."

     Me: "Ok. I know you do, and, I love you too. Bye."

     Ginger Nut: "Bye."