xxi. five days.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

▬▬▬▬▬

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐘𝐍, and if not Ronyn, it's either Arion or Cordea. She should be seeking out her magic and off into the Yestrean forests towards Dreamweaver's Bluff. Instead, she hides in the sanctuary of the room that once belonged to Morrow. The pain ricocheting down her matebond from Morrow nauseates her, forcing her to spend her days huddled beneath the quilts to stay warm. It's not like the alpha even attempts to shelter some of his torture, not like that first night. The blood feels so real as if it were her own, but the sensations are a mirage. He damned the bond the moment he invited her to her room, and she damned herself the moment her lips met his skin. This is the price she pays for their infinite tether.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Still, when she calls down the mind-link towards him, he always gives a response. A simple sparrow or a husky growl takes the edge off her frantic nerves.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Until this morning when it all went silent.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Elowen curls on the bed with a book propped up in front of her eyes, sunlight basking through stained glass windows. Although the novel intrigues her, she can't help but wonder about the book she found days prior. Envoys of the Ancients. Information about Pailon is rare, so its not a surprise that Morrow confiscated the book from her. Where he put it? She's not even sure, but she doubts he took it along to Scaerus.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎The door to the room opens automatically due to fae magic, letting Ronyn enter in with the biggest grin on his face. With the magic, his bruises have healed up, leaving no evidence of his quarrel with his alpha.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎And of course, he has a plateful of powdered donuts.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"No one makes a donut like the fae," he beams, letting the door shut behind him.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"You know, there are other foods available," Elowen smirks, reaching towards the plate. "It's called the harvest moon's festival for a reason. To celebrate the harvest."

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Yeah, but you have to admit that these donuts are heavenly." He takes a seat on the bed beside her. "I'd stop talking to you if you kept demanding something disgusting like asparagus."

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Would you now?"

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Or a fucking salad," he fakes a gag, then kicks his head back.

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"What a shame. I happen to like salads."

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎He gasps sarcastically in offence. "Who are you and what have you done with my donut-addicted half-breed?"

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Elowen giggles. Ronyn's been gone most of the morning with Cordea attempting to woo Novus, even with Morrow's disappearance. Their alpha needs his magic to cloak him while he enters into Pailon. He's already changed his blood so it flows like the ancients, but now he needs more, a cushion of power to protect him from the ancient's wrath. She inquired about Arion, but he supposedly wanted to explore the main city surrounding the plateau.