Rosalind (part five)

Lucy laid in the back seat of the car for what felt like hours.

"You know, Officer Chen, Rosalind is very excited to meet you," the man says. "No offense or anything, but I have no idea what she sees in you."

All Lucy could give was a muffled response.

"Psh," the guy says, hitting himself on the forehead. "You have a gag on, of course, you can't speak."

Lucy rolled her eyes and looked out the window. They were in downtown L.A.

Why were they in the most populated part of the city? Someone will surely see her.

The man pulled into a small parking garage and drove into a dark corner.

"You must be wondering why we're in the most populated part of the city," the man says as if he was reading her mind.

"Well, I'll tell you," he says, turning around to look at her. "When people realize that you are missing, the last place they'll look is in the most populated part of L.A.,"

He gives her a satisfied smile, "Okay, Rosalind is waiting for us," he says eagerly. 

He climbs out of the car to retrieve Lucy from the backseat. He unties the gag from her mouth, "If you so much as speak while we are walking, I won't hesitate to blast your brains out," he mutters into her ear, lifting his shirt slowly to reveal the gun tucked into his waistband.

He pulls her out by the rope that's tied around her hands. He carefully pulls her into the elevator.

"Where are we going?" Lucy asks softly.

"Careful, Officer Chen," the man mutters. "Remember what I have with me,"

Lucy presses her lips into a tight line. She watches the numbers on the elevator until the doors finally open.

They walk down the hall until the reach room number 475.

The man knocks on the door quietly before it opens slowly.

"Right on time," Rosalind smiles, opening the door wider.

Rosalind quickly shuts the door behind them as the man leads her to a chair in the middle of the room.

"Sit," he orders, pointing his gun at her.

She sits quickly as Rosalind comes behind her to tie her to the chair.

"Officer Chen, how fortunate I am to see you again," Rosalind says.

"Believe me, the pleasure is all mine," Lucy says.

"Watch it," the man says, pressing the gun against her forehead.

"Oh relax, Zach. She's feisty. I love it," Rosalind says, pushing down the man's hand. "The gun isn't necessary anymore."

Lucy swallows the lump in her throat. "What do you want from me?" 

Rosalind smiles, chuckling softly. "It's not about what I want, silly. It's about what you want,"

Lucy gives her a confused look. "I want to go home,"

~~~

"Hey, have you seen Lucy?" Tim asks Angela, approaching her desk.

"No, why?" Angela says, looking up from her computer.

"She went to the break room to get a snack and I haven't seen her since,"

"She's gotta be somewhere in the station, none of us are allowed to leave,"

"Right," Tim says. "I'll check the security cam footage,"

"Don't you think you're going a bit far?" Angela asks. "She has to be somewhere in the station so just...look around,"

Tim sighs.

"Don't tell me that you think she got kidnapped," Angela says.

"I-"

"Tim. Think this through. Rosalind wouldn't dare to approach any police station. Don't sound the alarm when she could just be in the bathroom,"

"Yeah..you're right. I'll just ask around,"

"Mhm," Angela says, returning to her computer.

~~~

A/N: happy february!!! i have absolutely no idea where i am going with this story LOL. leave suggestions!!!