Chapter 27

Amara's pov:

"I don't understand". Sophie said with a pout when I tried explaining to her Damien's situation.

"Damien is sleeping , and we don't know when he'll wake up. But he can hear everything was say , so we can talk to him"

"He can't talk ?"

"No , he can't. But when he wakes up , we all can talk to each other"

"But I wanna hear his voice". She winced. I don't blame her , I want to hear his voice too.

"Me too. Me too fifi". She laid her head on my chest, playing with the necklace on my neck.

It's been a week since we got the news. Lorenzo -aka Damien's father- was really upset if what happened to his son , and when I tell you I was shocked. I didn't know they have a good relationship.

And today is also my first time seeing Sophie again. I spent the whole week at Delaney's house , while Sophie was in my family's house. It's true that I needed my brothers and mother by my side, but at this time , I needed Sophie to be in a safe place.

I didn't want us to be together in one house because I was crying and depressed all day, and I didn't want her to see me like that.

The hospital didn't let us to sleep in with Damien , which made me really angry and anxious all the time. I want to be next to him when he wakes up. When if he woke up and didn't find me next to him ?

~~~

"I miss you Danny , when are you going to wake up ?".

Sophie said, playing with Damien's fingers. At first , I didn't want her to see her brother in this condition. But we both feel the same way about him, and I wouldn't want anyone to stop me from seeing him.

"Hello girls , I got some lunch !". Rhys said , walking through the door. Sophie rushed over him , peeking her head in the bags.

"I got turkey sandwiches and chips". Rhys handed both of us our food. We sat on the small couch, digging in our food.

After eating , we sat there with Damien , talking to him about our day. After that , we went back home and headed to bed.

~~~

Author's Notes:

Hello besties ! School just started , which means I have no time for writing chapters 😢 maybe I'll write one chapter a week ?🤷🏻‍♀️. Anyways , I hope y'all have an amazing day/night ! 🫶🏻