Chapter 28

Amara's pov:

Six months

Six months passed and Damien's still in a coma.

We visit him every single day. We talk to him like he would answer us. I cry everyday begging him to wake up.

Rhys was by my side all the time , alongside my brothers and mother. They were helping me a lot with my mental health and Sophie's school. She really wanted to stop going to school but that's not good for her , even though she's still in kindergarten, but I don't want her to get used to not going to school.

Walking through the corridor of the ICU rooms , I hear doctors yellowing and machine beeping. My steps quickened as I notice that the ns were coming out of Damien's room.

I ran in the room and saw nurses running around and doctors holding the defibrillator on Damien's chest.

"W-what's going on ?" I asked one of the nurses who was running.

"We don't know yet miss , please stay out of way". The nurse pushed me out of the way , making me angry.

They locked the door , starting the defibrillator. They kept going and going for what felt like an hour. But then , they stopped. The doctor got out of the room and took off his mask, facing me.

"Thank god , he's alive". After this sentence, a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I sat on the floor crying from relief.

"And one more good new , he's awake"

"W-what ? What did you just say ?". I stood up. My legs are still shaking from the shock.

"As you heard , mrs.Salvatore. He's awake"

"I-I need to see him"

"Unfortunately, I can't let you do that until we do our tests to make sure he's okay. And just for you to be aware, some patients after coma , usually get memory issues, anger , anxiety , or fear. What I want from you is not to freak out when you see him in any kind of situation. And please , don't throw your arms on him , he can get uncomfortable or angry easily"

"Okay , just please let me see him !"

~~~

Walking in the room , after the doctor checked on him , I saw him laying on his back , staring at the ceiling.

"D-Damien , baby ?". I said in my lowest tone, not wanting to scare him. His gaze moved from the ceiling to my eyes.

When our eyes met , I couldn't hold my tears anymore. It was the first time seeing those beautiful eyes in six months.

"D-Damien , please say something"

"My head hurts"

"Oh my love ! Itll Is it okay if I hold your hand?". He hummed in response. I took his hand and held it close to my chest.

I want to hug him so bad.
I need to hug him.

"C-can I hug you ? Please". Tears wouldn't stop falling from my eyes. My voice was cracking, and my hands were shaking. He nodded his head , making me wrap my arms around him not a second later.

The hug was a little uncomfortable due to the fact I'm standing and he's laying in his back. But I didn't care , all I wanted is him in my arms. 

"How's everyone? Sophie ?"

"They're all great , and they all miss you. Rhys got a girlfriend though". I said , making both of us laugh.

"Wow , that's a thing I never expected to hear"

"Same". I smiled. His face had a not so great expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Did my father say anything? Did he contact any of you ? Or came here by any chance ?"

"Yeah , he actually did. Marcus called him three weeks after you got in coma. He came here faster than we thought. He was worried but he didn't want to show it". He closed his eyes indicating his satisfaction. 

"Hey Damien , I need to tell you something"

"Tell me"

"I love you. I really do Damien. I was so angry at myself for not telling you that sooner. I was worried that you could have died without knowing that I love you. I was-".

I was cut off by his lips on mine. I pulled away to catch my breath after a long kiss.

"I love you , Amara. I love you too"

And now , I feel completed.

The End

~~~

Author's Notes:

Yayyyy ! Cute ending. Yup I ended it so quick bc I don't have ideas anymore 😭 yea I hope you like it.

For the next book , it won't be published until I finish writing all the chapters, make sure it's edited , every idea is good then post it.

Please give me your opinions about the book and what you like / dislike about it !