1

-Y/n Pov-

I smiled kissing my boyfriend as I was all dressed to go on a hike

Not really hiking material but I couldn't wait and rushed putting on whatever

Y-Ill be back before the night falls

I said to Rui and he held my face looking at me lovingly as he was now also in comfortable clothes

He looked so good shirtless working like the man i knew he was

Rui-Be safe, I love you...

Y-I love u more

I left and went on my walk

I always explored the forest to get away. Miles of tall trees hid me from the outside. It was just birds singing and wind blowing.

Me and my boyfriend just moved back into my childhood home today, which was a cabin by the woods.

When he found that out we moved immediately

I knew this trail very well, every knotted root and mossy spot. But as the sun started to go down, something felt off.

The shadows between the trees got darker and heavier. I now had to pull out my flashlight.

The deeper i was in the forest my neck started to tingle, making me spin around with my flashlight.

But nothing was there, just old branches swaying. I walked faster, listening hard for any sounds like sticks breaking or leaves rustling.

I never really been scared of nature but for some reason this time I was. All of this felt so familiar.

The forest seemed like it was playing tricks. But it had never felt so weird and watchful before. My breath puffed white in the cold air.

A log lay on my path, almost making me fall over. As I stood up, something flashed at the edge of my eyes. Looking back, all I saw was more tight trees blocking the last sunlight.

Something moved between their arms, really fast. I thought it was just the light fading. But the woods got very quiet, like it was waiting.

I got up and started running because of how scared i was only to be stopped by a tree hitting my head hard.