prologue

⭒─ prologue ─⭒

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

112 AC

The sound of Rhaenyra's screams were almost masked by the loud clap of thunder that sounded outside the castle.

Handmaidens rushed around her, gathering towels and water while Rhaenyra breathed heavily, she groaned as another wave of pain hit her.

"Breathe, princess, breathe." The septa spoke and Rhaenyra groaned once again, resisting the urge to bite the old woman's head off, "What do you think I'm doing, you old hag!" She snapped, letting out another pained moan.

"It's almost over, princess." Her handmaiden informed her and Rhaenyra nodded silently, already feeling bad about snapping at the older woman.

"Alright, you need to push." The woman told her, helping her sit up as Rhaenyra began to push. She had already been through this with Jace, but this pregnancy seemed to be taking a toll on her. It was much more painful than her first one and much longer.

"We're almost there, princess, you just need to push! Push!" The woman exclaimed and Rhaenyra let out a final yell as she felt the baby leave her body.

The sound of crying immediately filled the air and Rhaenyra let out a little laugh of relief. Her handmaidens worked quickly, wrapping the baby in a warm cloth, "it's a girl, princess." She told her and Rhaenyra laughed as the baby was placed in her arms.

"Is she healthy?" She asked the younger woman who laughed excitedly, "She's as strong as a dragon, princess." She replied, nodding reassuringly.

Rhaenyra looked down at the child. Her child. Her daughter opened her eyes just in time, her violet eyes identical to Rhaenyra's.

She sighed peacefully, hugging her to herself and kissed her forehead, "My little dragon." The princess whispered against her forehead, nuzzling her nose into the baby's side.

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

Laenor laughed as he held the small girl in his arms, letting her play with his fingers as he looked up at his wife, "You're right. She's a tough little thing." Rhaenyra smiled at him, caressing her cheek lightly as Laenor looked over his shoulder, "Don't you agree, Ser Harwin?" He asked.

The knight smiled over at the couple, his eyes on Rhaenyra as he spoke, "You are right, my lord. The princess will be an extraordinary lady." He said.

Laenor turned back to look at Rhaenyra, "what shall we call her?" He asked.

Rhaenyra looked down at her daughter, who gave the couple a toothless smile and giggled loudly.

"Alaeyna." She said, "Alaeyna Velaryon."

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

Ta daaa and the prologue it outt. So there's gonna be a little jumbling of the kid's ages in this story.

In the books and show, Jace is born in 114 AC but for the sake of this story, he's born in 111 AC which makes him only a year younger than Aemond

Alaeyna, on the other hand, is born in 112 AC so she's a year younger than Jace and 2 years younger than Aemond.

Now that this change has been made I hope I can keep it in mind when I write 😭

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the prologue. I'm not too sure how often I'll update this story because my priority is Astrophile but I will try my best.

Vote and comment and ily guys mwah okay bye.