𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵 - 𝔭𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔬 ཐིཋྀ⋆

We settled down on the terrace with blankets and tea, listening to the ocean gently hugging Palermo's shore and the fireflies danced around the petite lamp hanging on the wall, providing us some light

Matteo fidgeted with his hair tie as he searched for a way to start the conversation about last week's event.

"Where should I start...?" He asked, massaging his forehead, where baby hairs of his stuck to.
His blond hair was all wet from going for a swim in the ocean.

"What was the call about?"
"My previous best friend has a company called DAI. They are known for cooperating with big car brands, but behind the scenes, they are drug dealers and criminals. Once I ended my friendship with him to go my ways and left our friend group. Even though I'm still in good relations with some of them, he was ballistic and his bookkeeper let me know, that he was furious and the stocks of my business crashed. Thanks to his hacker."

I nodded processing the information he just revealed. What happened, that they ended
their friendship? Do I even want to know?
"Now, why are they terrorizing me?"

His lips thinned into a straight line. "I guess they wanted to kidnap you and blackmail me afterward." I swallowed the chunk in my throat and remember puking on my passenger seat,
while Matteo held my hair.

"How did they know my name? The police officers called me Miss Sequiera."
"There's only one way, they'd find out. Somebody is watching us."

My breath froze to ice and my thoughts wandered to Carlos. While I'm on vacation, they
could easily take him as hostage. If DAI would do that, they'd probably return him the next
day for being so cunty.

Matteo sent some bodyguards to my mother's house to protect her in case of a break-in.

"Matteo, can you set some guards up in our apartment?" I quizzed, sipping uncomfortably on my caramel tea. "I will call Alano. He will set everything up."

"How did you know where I've been?"
"Intention."
"Shut up. You know damn well, that you probably have people for that as well."

Matteo hesitated. "I tracked your car down by myself. After you went to sleep in my guest room, because I knew you'd get into trouble."

I jumped up and slid the glass door open, leading into the huge living room. He did what?
"Lara! I'm sorry. We'll go later to your car and remove it, alright?"

He grabbed my shoulders, gyrating my body around. Skin met skin and unwillingly, a strike of hotness overwhelmed me.

His eyes shone apologetically. "I really am, Cariña. I should've asked you before installing a tracker in your car. But you have to understand me, I want you to be safe and you'd have never allowed me to install GPS trackers into your car. Fuck, I messed up."

"Yeah damn right, you messed up. I love your self-awareness tho." He shook his head, pressing his lips against my temple. "I'll make you forgive me and afterward I'll go with you to your car and remove the tracker, deal?"