𝟬𝟭𝟱 you're everything i ever wanted

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
you're everything i ever wanted

     BY THE TIME Feyre Blanchard returned back to her mother's hospital room, she was shocked to find doctors and nurses surrounding the woman's bed while her dad stood in the corner of the room

     It was in that moment, Feyre's mind was starting to think the worst had already happened. That while she had left the building to get some fresh air, her mom slipped away and succumbed to her life threatening wounds. The thought alone was enough to make Feyre's heart drop down to the pit of her stomach, and her chest tighten with sickening dread. Feyre believed she would be absent when her mother died, believing the woman would fade from the land of the living after she returned back to camp. If her mom was going to die, Feyre wanted it to happen while she was gone. It sounded horrible if she ever said it out loud, but the girl believed she wasn't strong enough to watch her own mom die right in front of her eyes.

     However, knowing there was a high chance her mom was dying right now as she approached the room, the thought made Feyre want to run into the opposite direction. She felt the tears prick at her eyes, and her throat become dry and scratchy as her breath suddenly became heavy. Feyre wished she could turn and run to avoid the pain and insurmountable grief that was bound to follow after her. But when she made immediate eye contact with her father, who had lifted his gaze to stare directly back at her through the window to her mother's room, it made Feyre realise she had no chance of outrunning her problems. Not this time.

     So with a heavy heart, Feyre swallowed the thick lump lodged in the back of her throat, and with great courage, she found the strength to put one foot in front of the other. Feyre then continued to walk until she entered the room, watching as everyone turned to her. But she focused all her attention on her mom, still lying in the hospital bed. Except she wasn't dead like she had assumed before walking into the room. In fact, she was better. Her vitals were improving with each second that passed her bye. The breathing tube had been extracted from her throat. She wasn't awake yet, but she was improving at an alarming rate. Feyre was too surprised to even speak, her eyes full of bewilderment darting between her unconscious mother and the doctors who she hoped would have a reasonable explanation for such a dramatic turn in recovery.