Chapter 1: From death, I return to life

Jaune's POV:

Where... am.... I....

It looks like all the enhancements and modifications are now complete.

Who... am... I...

I believe that it is time to move on to the next step.

Who... is... that...

I have high hopes for you Jaune, don't disappoint me.

Jaune... that's... my... name...

I'm... so... tired...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject 324 is prepped and ready for the procedure, all required personnel please head to your required posts.

Where... am I.... now....

Who... are... you....

Director, are you sure that we should go through with the operation? There is a high chance that it could fail and subject 324 will die.

Yes, deputy director, we have our orders to go through with the operation. Whether the subject lives or dies is none of our concern.

Die... am I... gonna... die....

This operation will give us valuable data in the field of genetic reassignment and mutation. The diclonii are a complex race and through this, we can see if it is possible to turn a normal human into one of them.

Di...Clo...nii...

Yes director, now beginning the operation.

Pain... all I feel... is... pain....

So... tired...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the status of subject 324?

The data shows the same thing as last time ever since the operation a few months ago. We were successfully able to genetically rewrite his DNA but not to the degree we were hoping for. His DNA shows that while some parts of it are now that of a diclonius, some of it is still human. Thus, making him something of a hybrid between the two. 

Am I... alive...

I see, and what of his vectors?

Still inconclusive. Throughout all the tests that we have done, he has not brought his vectors out once. If it wasn't for the horns that he has now grown on his head, I would have thought he was a normal human despite what his DNA says.

Horns... I have... horns....

Keep testing, subject 324 will bring out his vectors one of these days. And deputy director, I must question why you decided not to put a restraining helmet on subject 324 despite him now being part diclonius?

Well, no offense director but throughout the entire time since the operation we did on subject 324 he has not attacked us once. In fact, ever since we found him, he has been completely unresponsive to anything that we do. Even during the operation, he didn't react to anything we did despite being completely awake for the entire thing. We must constantly give him IV drips full of vitamins as he doesn't even eat the food that we provide for him.

Still, he must have a helmet on to make sure that he isn't a danger to anyone in the research institute.

Research... institute....