Chapter 4: Getting to know the new you

World of Floating Islands

No one's POV

It was the next day after Jaune decided to take up the offer that Sol gave to him. The choice between returning to remnant, remaining weak, and having to face all the hate of everybody there, or traveling the universe, growing stronger than he ever thought possible, was a very easy decision. He also thought that this could be a great opportunity to redefine himself, to start over, and learn new things about himself in a completely new environment than what he was used to before.

Jaune could be found in a wooded area in a different part of the floating island he was currently on, feeling refreshed after getting a good night's sleep for the first time in what felt like months. He later found out from Sol that it had been 7 months since he found him. He was currently wearing new clothes that were provided to him by Sol after getting rid of his old ones that were ripped and soaked with his blood from when Lucy attacked him.

 He was currently wearing new clothes that were provided to him by Sol after getting rid of his old ones that were ripped and soaked with his blood from when Lucy attacked him

He traveled to this secluded area so he could get a better understanding of his new body and abilities. He lifted his right hand to his head and touched one of the horns he currently has, still feeling a bit unnerved at the thought of no longer being fully human. However, before he could continue to ponder his new hybrid nature, a screen appeared in front of him.

[Daily Quest]

Complete the following workout!

100 Pushups

100 Sit-ups

100 Squats

Run 10 Km

Reward: 5000 EXP + 5 Rare Candies (First-time completion reward)

Failure: None

Seeing the simple quest in front of him, Jaune decided to get to work and complete it. He first decided to do the run, using it as an opportunity to explore more of the island. As he ran around the island, he took notice of some of the environment as he passed. After running for about 35 minutes, he arrived at a glade in the forest that was close to a cliff giving him a great view of the floating islands.

Completed 10/10 Km run

Not feeling that exhausted from the run, he decided to next do the 100 pushups. He managed to finish them in about 30 minutes.

Completed 100/100 Pushups

Next, he went to do the sit-ups. He found an opening underneath a tree and put his feet there, after about 20 minutes he was finished with them.

Completed 100/100 Sit-ups

He finally finished the daily quest by doing the 100 squats. He went out to the cliff and proceeded to do them as he looked out into the world of floating islands. After about 25 minutes he managed to finish.