Chapter 2: New Autonomy

I woke up at 5:00 am today. It was the first time in a long time that I had a comfortable sleep. However, I am still adjusting to my new body, so waking up today felt weird. My hair was all over my face, and my chest made it difficult to find a proper sleeping position.

I slumped off the bed, feeling chilly because I slept in my underwear since I forgot to buy clothes yesterday. So, when I looked down on my bare body, I could only feel miserable at the sight. This body is unfit, first and foremost. I understood this deeply when I had to take a break for a breather while carrying my groceries and pushing a whiteboard. I would have never done something so appalling as Kokichi.

If I am going to adapt to this new world, the first step is to train this new body of mine to meet the standards I placed on myself. I tumbled my way to the closet, grabbed the school's red tracksuit provided to us, and slipped into it.

After changing, I went outside and felt the cold breeze rushing through my body. The dawn had not yet arrived, and the moon was shining bright. The sky looked more realistic than when I was at the Ultimate Academy. It's hard to describe, but I could notice a difference in the pattern of the stars. If I had the same inhuman vision as Gonta, I could confirm this, but regardless, it felt nice to feel the outside world once more. 

I went to a park near the dormitories to jog. Nothing too stressful today, as I want to test how long I can push this body through physical activity before I can devise a method to train more efficiently. 

Once I arrived at my destination, I did warm-up stretches as I observed my surroundings. From what I could tell of this park, to do a lap around it, I would have to run a total distance of five kilometers. When I used to be Kokichi, I could've done that distance in under fifteen minutes. However, that won't be the case now, but I have the benefit of knowing how to run with proper form and technique, though I will probably have to adjust my form to adapt to this body. 

I began my run, and for the first kilometer, I did fine, with my only complaint being my chest bounced a lot. I should've anticipated that being an issue; I severely underestimated what having an F to G-sized bust is like. That was only my first issue; as I passed the two-kilometer, I started to feel fatigued, but since I was still motivated, I slowed my pace to reach the five kilometers.

Eventually, time passed, and I finally finished my lap across the park; I started around when I couldn't see the moon, and now the sun was starting to rise, so it took around 35 minutes to finish five kilometers. I expected to finish around 45 minutes for an unfit body, which was better than my expectations. However...

 However

I collapsed onto my knees in exhaustion. My breathing was heavy; my legs were crying in pain, and I could feel my chest throbbing. My face was burning, with sweat drenching my body. 

"G-god, I am so tired!" I complained to myself while trying to compose myself. 

"My, if it isn't the idol-girl! It's fancy meeting you here."