0.4

❝I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind

EDGAR ALLAN POE

0.4 : spirits of the dead

OR

season 6, episode 12 : corazon

"IT'S SO WEIRD THAT WE HAVE TABLETS NOW." Fin scrolls through the photos on her personal tablet with raised eyebrows. "I'm so used to paper."

"If you want paper, Garcia can get paper," Emily replies. "Reid still won't use the tablets." She glances up and grins. "Speak of the devil!" And then her smile fades. "Hey, you okay?"

Fin looks up to see Spencer hurrying through the door, pulling the strap of his bag over his head and blinking rapidly. "Yeah, why?" he asks, glancing up at Emily.

"You're never late," Morgan says to his right, frowning.

"Have we started the briefing yet?" Spencer asks.

"Just about to," Penelope replies sweetly, dropping into the seat between Emily and Fin.

"Then I'm not late," Spencer mutters, staring down at the table pointedly. His tone is unusually curt. Fin wonders if he's actually okay.

"Oh. Yeah." Penelope quickly skirts this, a smart move in Fin's book. "Attention, intrepid BAU adventurers. The land of Bermuda shorts, white leisure suits, and Sansabelt slacks requests your presence."

"Vegas?" Rossi asks.

"Arizona," Morgan suggests.

"Biloxi," Fin counters with a grin.

"Palm Springs," Emily says.

"Please," Hotch adds, and Fin covers her mouth to hide her smile.

"I was going to say Miami, but point well made about the dizzying number of locales with unfortunate fashion tendencies." Penelope clicks a button on the remote, bringing up photos on the TV. "Here we go."

"Shells on the eyes and mouth," Emily says, looking up at the screen. "You don't see that every day."

"Not even in Miami," Rossi mutters, scrolling through the photos on his own tablet.

"Three victims, the last one found with a..." Penelope trails off, grimacing.

"A decapitated cat?" Morgan raises his eyebrows in disbelief.

"All were found within a mile of each other in a mostly Latino neighborhood in Miami called Allapattah," Hotch says, gesturing to Penelope, who brings up more photos on the screen.