TwentyNine

Chapter TwentyNineMya Brown

Chapter TwentyNine
Mya Brown

"Tim, TIM! Wait, stop." I yelled as I chased him out the house. Finally catching up to him, I grabbed him to make him stop moving. "Look, I know you want to go crazy over this but you gotta think about your daughter."

"Mya she wrong as fuck this! I get she didn't want nothing to do with me and that's cool but why would you keep me out of my kids life?!"

"That's a question for Amber but I'm not letting you go over there until I know you're not going to spazz out."

"This ain't right." He shook his head.

"I know and I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this but like I said, think about the baby."

"Mya is right Tim." My mom said. "You go over there, acting crazy and that could cause even more problems. You have to do this clear headed."

He deeply exhaled and started pacing the sidewalk.

"I'll go with you." I offered. "Anything to keep the peace between you two."

Tim thought about it for a while before nodding. "Alright."

"Okay, let me go grab my purse and we'll go." Rushing inside, I went and got my things and Tim's phone, then we left. I called Amber on Instagram and told her to send me her address.Once she did, I put it in my gps and we headed that way. Every now and then I'd glance over at Tim. His leg was shaking so damn fast, I thought it'd tip the car over.

"What did you do to stop becoming the person to just react? I heard Nia popped up on you and you're not in jail so whatever you're doing must be working." Tim said.

"I learned self control. It's not easy but once you master it, it feels good. Even though I didn't finish my program, I did learn a lot."

"So I need to go to a mental facility?"

"No stupid. You can teach yourself self control. It's easiest to learn when you just get tired of the same reaction. Acting out and being crazy gets you nowhere. Right?"

"Right."

"So why do it? My theory now is try and be civilized for as long as you can and when that doesn't work, maybe you can bring the crazy out just a tad bit. I kind of feel bad, I screamed at Amber earlier."

"You had every right to though. This is your niece."

"I know but I still feel like I could've been a bit calmer. Yes, hiding a baby is wrong. But I really think she believes that she was protecting her daughter when you started being irrational."

"She could've talked to me Mya."

"She didn't know what reaction she was going to get."

"I would've been fucking ecstatic. That girl was everything and I lost her."