Thirteen- Volturi

"He's going to make the Volturi change their minds." Alice tells us after a vision.

"It's almost noon now." Bella announces, checking her watch. Alice going as fast as she can in th Porsche.

"There's Volterra." Alice points up to a village. Now pushing the car even faster than before. Everyone in the village is wearing red. The car weaving through people. "Why are they all wearing red?" Bella questions.

"San Marcos Day festival. The perfect setting. Large crowds. The Volturi won't let him get far enough to reveal himself- he's counting on that." She explains to my sister who's freaking out.

"We only have five minutes."

Alice slams on the breaks, bringing us to a halt. The police wave her back and Bella jumps out. "Where's the square?" She asks. "Follow that lane-" My sister's already running. "He'll be under the clock tower!" Alice shouts after her.

As we watch Bella we then see a figure in a black coat, tracking her. He disappears and I go to open the door but Alice stops me. "[Name], they'll kill you." She says. "I really have nothing to live for anymore, Alice. I'll be killed either way. We both know it." I tell her, it was something no one wanted to bring up.

Why would they? I'm slowly turning into a hybrid, the most powerful being to exist. Something the Volturi can't let happen. Neither can the wolves. As much as I'm fighting it, I'm getting weaker.

"Don't say that, I can protect you." Her face morphs into a sad expression I don't think  I've ever had to witness before. I take in a breath, checking where Bella's body was just at, my hand still touching the door handle. Then looking back at Alice.

"Does she make it?" I ask. "Yes." She whispers. "We need to get there before they get them." I say, she nods her head, I take my hand off the handle and sit back.

I notice her shoulders fall and she begins to drive the Porsche to park it somewhere. Once we get in a shaded area she puts her hood up, I take the stupid hat off and put on the hood of my long sleeve. I feel my body shudder, my knees almost giving out. Alice holds onto my body, helping me stay up.

"Let's go." I demand, she hums, her small body fitting underneath my arm. "I know a shortcut." She tells me, we go behind buildings and then finding alleys that lead to others so we don't have to bump into too many people. "[Name] you're getting weaker." She suddenly says, I didn't even notice how droopy I was becoming.

"I'm sorry." I straighten my poster. "You need to take some of my energy." She leans me against the wall and I let out a shakey breath, hitting my head against the brick. "No." I close my eyes.

"I'll take their energy when we get there." I try to walk, almost falling forward but she catches me once again. "Please, just enough to walk on your own." She pleads with me.

"Just enough," I repeat, focusing on what I was doing I take some of her energy and I'm able to let her go without stumbling. I glance at her and I see her eyes sunken in a little bit. "I took too much." My eyes widen.

"No- no you didn't, I can still run, let's go." She takes my hand and we begin to start running where we need to go.

We hear their voices and start getting closer, Alice lightly trips when we get toward them. We pull off our hoods.

"Come on, guys. It's a festival." We reach Edward and my sister, positioning ourselves in a protective stance in front of Bella. "We wouldn't want to make a scene." I continue.

"There won't be any scene. And we'll still win." I recognize him from when Jasper and Alice were telling me about them. His name is Felix.

"But not easily-" "Enough." Jane, a tiny woman with blonde hair cuts the conversation. We take a step back, knowing her ability. "Jane." Edward nods.