Chapter 16: Escapades

Third Person's POV

As the grand halls of Buckingham Palace buzzed with anticipation, Lucas found himself standing amidst a sea of dignitaries and diplomats, his heart racing with excitement at the prospect of the impending state visit.

It had been five long years since he had last seen Sofia, and the mere thought of her sent a surge of emotions coursing through him.

Despite the passage of time, memories of their shared moments together still lingered in his mind, haunting him with the ghost of what could have been.

Sofia, on the other hand, stood amidst her family, her thoughts consumed by memories of Lucas and the unresolved feelings that still lingered in her heart.

Despite their estrangement, she couldn't deny the pull she felt towards him, the echoes of their past connection tugging at her heartstrings with a force she couldn't ignore.

As the Spanish Royal Family made their grand entrance into the palace, Lucas's breath caught in his throat at the sight of Sofia, her beauty still as captivating as ever.

Their eyes met across the room, a silent exchange of emotions passing between them as they struggled to contain the whirlwind of feelings that threatened to consume them.

King Felipe greeted, "Your Majesty, King Charles, it is an honor to be here at Buckingham Palace once again. We are grateful for your warm hospitality."

"The honor is ours, Your Majesty. We are delighted to welcome you and your family to England once again." The British King said, as he formally offered his hand for a handshake

The formalities of the state visit proceeded with grace and elegance, but amidst the pomp and circumstance, Lucas and Sofia found themselves drawn together like magnets, unable to resist the pull of their undeniable connection.

Queen Letizia smiled at Lucas, "It is wonderful to see you again, Lucas. You're a grown man now."

Lucas said, "Thank you, Your Majesty. It's a pleasure to see you again as well."

"Yes, it's been far too long." Sofia thought to herself, she was just looking at Lucas as if her world stopped spinning

Their words were polite and formal, but beneath the surface, a current of emotion simmered, threatening to spill over at any moment.

And as the evening wore on, Lucas and Sofia found themselves stealing glances and exchanging subtle smiles, their hearts yearning for the chance to reconnect and rediscover the bond that had once united them.

Amidst the opulent splendor of Buckingham Palace, amidst the whispers of diplomats and the clink of champagne glasses, Lucas and Sofia stood on the precipice of a new beginning, their hearts poised to embrace the possibility of a second chance at love.

---

As King Charles and King Felipe engaged in a discussion about monarchy, their voices carried across the room in hushed tones, their words laden with the weight of centuries-old traditions and the responsibilities of their respective roles.

King Charles gladly said, "Your Majesty, it is always a pleasure to welcome fellow monarchs to Buckingham Palace. The bonds between our two countries run deep, and it is my hope that this state visit will serve to strengthen them further."

"Indeed, Your Majesty. The ties between Spain and England have endured for centuries, rooted in a shared history and a mutual respect for tradition. It is my honor to be here today, representing my country and our people." King Felipe replied