chapter 6 | the female titan

—

"DON'T YOU THINK THEY'RE learning a bit too much about the Titans?" Juliet asks a question to two stood near her, Annie and Bertholdt, "With Eren and the two they've captured, don't you think they'll learn too much?"

Bertholdt, who for once was seen away from Reiner, looks at her while in thought. They have found themselves discoursing about the recent events trying to plan their next move.

It was the afternoon, the sun preparing to set as most cadets took an opportunity to finally sit down and eat. The group of three set meal time aside, agreeing to chew over recent matters, Reiner chose the latter, probably sat somewhere with those he's making friends with. The way they were standing behind the building made them look fairly suspicious. All stood separately but within certain distance, two of which not engaging in eye contact. If anyone were to walk behind the building and see the group, they'd definitely think there was something happening, no one would think of doing that.

"What do you think we should do?" Bertholdt scratches the back of his head clearly stumped about their situation.

Without looking toward the other two, Annie says, "I can kill them, those two Titans. I'll do it tonight." The wind blowing through her hair is the only reason Juliet can see her motionless face when she says that.

"What? How would you do that?" Bertholdt asks. He maintains his stare at her even if she doesn't reciprocate.

"That sounds like a good idea, Annie," Juliet comments, more optimistic about it than Bertholdt. The more experiments they do on those Titans the closer they'll get to learning the truth about the Titan shifters among them. Getting rid of those Titans altogether would eliminate any further issues, "I'll head out there tonight once everyone's asleep and head back right away. I'll be quick so no one notices." The way she explains her plan makes it seem like she's already put some thought into this.

Bertholdt steps off the wall, "Are you sure you can do it alone? Wouldn't it be better if at least one of us came with?"

"It'll be easier to cover one person's tracks. Plus, I'm pretty sure Annie's got it covered on her own," Juliet tells Bertholdt trying to convince him that this is the right move to make.

"Okay. I trust you. I'll let Reiner know once I see him." Bertholdt gets ready to head out first.

"Oh, Juliet," he turns only his head to look at her, "I know Reiner's a bit much but when you do join the Scouts with us...I promise I'll look after you." His words took her by surprise. Bertholdt was a sweetheart, Juliet knew that well, but to say he'd look after her straight out like that after all they've been through, it was heartwarming for her to hear. To know Bertholdt has her back makes Juliet a bit more confident in joining the Scouts with the boys.

"Thanks, Bertholdt." He lets her have the last word.

Juliet stays for a moment to reduce any skepticism by having them all come out at the same time. When she finally decided enough time had passed she got up to head on her way.