𝖅𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖟𝖎𝖌 : Leak

"Gessler! What the hell!" Dorn couldn't help but shout into his mobile phone.

When he saw the amount of people, curious citizens blending in with the masses of reporters accompanied by their film crew, swarming the building, gathering in front of the hospital's entrance and blocking him from entering, he still couldn't believe it.

Did that journalist really betray him and snitch to the mass media? Just what had happened while he was trapped in the hospital?

After he had been discharged from the clinic only yesterday, he had been told to take the rest of the day off and come to work tomorrow – which meant today. By the time he did, however, everything had already went downhill, so it seemed. Why did the things always get out of hand when he wasn't present?

A voice on the other end of the line reported back to him.

"I swear I didn't do anything, Henning, I promise! Someone must have leaked her whereabouts. I bet it was him!"

Him? Him! N. Their last encounter had only been a few days ago. Ever since then, Dorn was prohibited from establishing contact with the male, meaning it could have been possible for the latter to leak information. For what purpose, though? Spite? Because his identity was exposed by Dorn?

"If I find out it wasn't him, but you, Gessler, then I'm -"

"Dorn, listen, this is the least of our problems right now. I have more bad news for you. Both N and Fräulein, they have disappeared this morning."

"What?!" Eyes widened, he almost dropped his phone. They disappeared? When?

Henning glimpsed at his wristwatch. Only 9 am – both blondes must have left pretty early, maybe a few hours earlier. Worry quickly settled in. What about Fräulein? He couldn't imagine she left on her own volition with N. Did he force her? Why hadn't she called the staff at the hospital for help? Arzt would have been there in an instant.

"How could they have left the hospital without being seen?" the policeman inquired, phone pressed tightly onto the pavilion of his ear. Turning on his heel, Henning pulled the handle with his vacant hand, opened the door and sat down in the seat of his car, adjusting the rear-view mirror, while putting on the seatbelt.

"According to Eduard Arzt, the nurses told him they – and I quote – fell into a trance as soon as N started singing."

Just when he inserted the car key into the lock, he stopped for a moment. Even though the journalist wasn't able to see his expression, it was only a natural reaction for Dorn to raise both of his eyebrows when confronted with nonsense.

"Singing?" he asked, secretly hoping he had misunderstood.

"You heard me right. Singing," Gessler confirmed. He sounded serious. Way too serious for a sentence as ridiculous as this.

Dorn sighed deeply and rested his head on the steering wheel. How was this information supposed to explain anything? What the hell was going on?

"You can't expect me to believe that," he muttered. Judging the kind of man the journalist was, Henning was aware that, at least in this case, this was no lie for the sake of kidding him – Gessler meant what he had said and quite frankly, joking in this situation would have just been ill-mannered.

Only a scoff at the other end of the line could be heard in response. "It's not like I made the testimony. I'm just quoting what I've been told."

Having unintentionally taken a jab at his opponent's fragile ego, Dorn swiftly decided to change topics. Like the journalist had stated before, arguing in an emergency situation would do neither of them any good. Cooperation was key here.