Chapter 2

As the sun kissed the water around the boat everyone was on, darkness was shrouded upon everyone and everything swallowing the boat whole. You'd think that the light would contradict the darkness, that it would have some say or rise upon themselves to work in harmony. Its either one or the other, it's never the same.  "There is only one plot - things are not what they seem" as that it seems what everyone is telling themselves these days.

*Aarons POV*

My eyes had fluttered open when I realised Aphmau's voice had stopped, I pretty much placed myself in such a position that I was almost contorted, which hurt my ears and tail. My eyes had floated around the room to grasp at anything else that could help take my mind off of things, even though that I was now legally blind it still feels like I'm loosing all control of myself as all I'm getting used to now is the pitch black darkness. I closed my eyes for a few seconds to put away my ears and tail, and then I grabbed the bed side table to help me gain my balance into sitting up right. I traced my hands up to the side of my face, to pull down the headphones that I was once wearing and I had placed them beside me. I grip the bedsheets trying to figure out if anyone else was in my room, because honestly I'm still trying to adjust to this whole thing of being blind and trying to work around it.

I know Melissa my sister is a pain in my back side and I also understand that she's hurting, and all she wants to do is try her best into making me feel happy and comfortable with myself. It's like my original identity was ripped away from me completely and I lost all sense of self, and I'm still trying to grasp at the fact that I was once a person who could see. I once could look at Aphmau and think 'Oh my god, how could I have ever known that I'd call her my fiance' 'How could I be with a woman who looks like a model, who acts like a spunky potato, who keeps her head high whenever someone talks down on her' I laugh at myself, reminiscing the memories we shared, the ones we created together where we made each other laugh, making each other cry, holding onto one another because it felt right. And now I can't look at the woman who I want to call my future wife. It hurts. It just hurts knowing I may not be able to even get a chance to look at her again. From what I was told, my Ultima persona was the only way that I was able to physically see anyone or anything.

And I didn't want to have to use the side of me that I hate with a passion, and use it so I could see Aphmau and everyone else. I didn't want to have to do that in case if I've hurt anyone I would never forgive myself for it. When there's a monstrous being, there's always a side where the beauty is hidden within. I don't believe that, I really don't. Because how can such a terrible being be so beautiful at the same time, why would someone want to believe in that? Do you believe in that? Before I brought my mind back to me, after it floating around me, trying to keep me sane; I heard my door swing open wide and it collide with the wall next to it, making a loud bang. Of course the natural response would be to whip my head around and see what was going on, but of course when I did and with my grey blind eyes, there was nothing. But yet again I probably looked like a headless chicken doing it trying to find where the noise had come from and who had made such ruckus. 

"Aaron we're coming up to an island, quick we need to go."

 I heard Melissa say with such excitement that I started to get excited myself. 

*Melissa's POV*

"Aaron we're coming up to an island, quick we need to go." I say with such excitement.

As soon as those words left my mouth, I noticed a shift in Aaron. I noticed that he felt excited that we were about to finally be somewhere where we wouldn't have to put up with the authorities looking for him. Honestly it made me feel a bit happy inside, that Aaron still knows his emotions. I run over to grab him and pull him with me to the captains quarters, where everyone else was. He makes a grunting noise, at the fact that I'm pulling with such force it feels like I'm about to rip his arm off.