8. Bring A Spring Upon'er

Hi y'all!
My apologies this took so long to get up. I've been working a lot of OT at work (50-60hr weeks) during our audit this last week, then I got one horrid migraine that landed me in the ER yesterday morning
But we're good now I think! (Hopefully the chapter still flows well cause my brain still feels a little fried)
Lol, so here we go
Also, should I include a little definition if I use pirate lingo/terminology for the chapter names? Lemme know :)
Enjoy, lovelies!
xoxo

Bring A Spring Upon'er: To turn a ship in another direction

Caspian

"The plan was that you'd work alongside Coop today

"The plan was that you'd work alongside Coop today."

I nodded over at Snips as I steadied the last of the rope he'd securely tied off, with my bare hands. This wind had picked up some since I had joined him on the main deck, and it felt good feeing that heavy breeze ease through my loose fitted linen clothes, to my now somewhat well rested bones.

That sleep had done me good.

"However, after everything that commenced last night, Coop isn't in the best state for work. Von, our carpenter, had to dig the bullet out of his arm." Snips then leaned forward, carefully pouring the hot wax over the rope and fusing the tight knots together. I watched his every movement, making a mental note of his skilled pour so I could mirror it in the future. "He was scaling the lengths of one of those wooden poles connecting the sails, when the warning shot was let off. The fog had concealed their ship from his vantage point and they had fired off aimlessly."

I found myself slowly nodding, my hand reaching up to lightly touch the bridge of my nose as I followed closely behind the man who was zipping us through our tasks.

The broken bone had starting to heal already, much of that thanks to Cael who managed to set it back in place before he, too, left me alone in the study. It would be fully healed come nightfall.

Snips was leading us down below deck to a part of the ship that I hadn't yet seen, which felt strange regardless of how short it had been that I was aboard for. Somehow these last few days had felt like years either added to my life, or cut clean off. I couldn't decide which yet.

He and I passed through the crew's main quarters which were surprisingly clean for a cluster of rogue bloodthirsty men out at sea, and I was grateful the fresh air above deck seemed to flow through below the deck as well. I didn't know how, but it somehow did.

Most of the men were above us, tending to the bloody floorboards from last nights gruesome battle. I could hear the sound of bristles against wood as they worked to scrub the red stains out.

From the looks the crew had given me once I finally made my way out of that study, I couldn't tell if they hated me or feared me. It could have been a bit of both, if I had to wager, but it was still more attention drawn to me than I had wanted.