006. sophia

WHEN THE MORNING CAME and I woke up and carol was making some breakfast. Glenn then stood up and made his way in front of everyone.

"Um, guys" he announced so we all listened to him. "The barns full of walkers"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at him. Walkers? In the barn. Does that mean Hershel has been lying to all of us. I looked over at Daryl worried just as he looked at me then back to Glenn.

Rick looked angry, betrayed and looked over to Shane before they both nodded before standing up and walking down towards the barn, everyone followed the two men.

Shane looked through the gap in the barn confirming that there was walkers inside.

"You cannot tell me you're all right with this" Shane says to Rick walking away from the barn.
"No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land" Rick says back to him
"Oh, god. This is our lives, man!" Shane shouts.

"Lower your voices" Glenn says trying to calm the men down before the Walkers could hear them.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug" Andrea sides with Shane.

"It ain't right. Not remotely" Shane starts to rant. "We either got to go in there. We got to make things right, or we just got to go. Now we have been talking about fort bennet for a while".

Shane wanted to leave. But I had only just become comfortable here. I liked how peaceful it was in the mornings. I walk over to Daryl and poke his arm.

"Are we really gunna go?" I ask him, looking up at him.
"Nah, I don't know" he responds looking back down at me before looking back at the two men debating if we leave or not.

"We can't go" Rick says declining Shane's offer to leave.
"Why Rick, why?"

"Because my daughter is still out there" Carol speaks up looking at Shane.

"Okay" Shane scoffs "Okay, i think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility"

"We're not leaving Sophia behind! Me and Daryl were close to finding her, we found her doll two days ago" I finally decide to speak up. Shane just looks at me and laughs sarcastically.

"You found her doll, Millie. That is what you did. You found a doll, who knows you might of put it there" Shane says to me

"You don't know what the hell your talking about!" Daryl shouts at Shane standing in front of me.

"Man, look I, just saying what needs to be said here" Shane sarcastically says back to Daryl. As Rick holds up him arm to stop Daryl from walking towards Shane. "Now you get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours"

"Shane, stop" Rick tries to stop Shane from being to loud, being aware of the barn full of walkers.

"Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you guys coming with your weird ears wound your neck, she would run in the other direction, man." Shane speaks over Rick.

Daryl them lunges forward ready to attack Shane but Rick got in between them. Everyone then jumped forward trying to separate the three men in the brawl as I went up to Daryl and grabbed his arm and pulled him away.

"Now let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out" Rick says to Shane as Shane walks away.

"What are you gunna figure out!" Shane shouts back as he turns and walks towards Rick.