Eight || Meet and Greet

Before you got to know him, you always believed Ishigami Senku's hair was like lettuce.

'Huh? Who is that strange-looking kid? Did the entire gravity refuse to acknowledge that his hair exists? How does it defy gravity?!'

He also stated that he wanted to travel to space at such a young age.

You could almost call him a crazy weirdo.

'Ew. He's not a crazy scientist at all. He's totally crazy! A crazy weirdo!'

Well, you really couldn't hold it against him for having that dream.

You once stated that you want to be sunk in the Bermuda Triangle so that you can know what it feels like.

Anyway, you didn't care much about this particular green-haired boy or the fact that he is your mother's friend's son, not that you remember.

Nonetheless, you frequently recall that the two of you used to meet at the school library.

You have your stack of books, and he has his.

You two always scowl at one another like you're locked in a secret race to see who can get through their book stacks the fastest.

The winner is going to get a silent surprise — an energy drink — on their desk.

However, following that night in that small park, you two started talking to one another.

More like, make fun of and irritate one another.

'Lettuce head!'

'Goldfish!'

It was just casual conversation, and you would constantly irritate him to no end with your intelligent responses that he was unaware of.

Just as he used to say: 'You damn goldfish, stop being one step ahead of me!'

He believed you were a snob and you always thought he was a brat.

Honestly, you were both correct.

Even if you made fun of one other at times, you could go to such great lengths together.

One time, you helped Senku's father in purchasing a science-related equipments for Senku by helping him in locating an authorized dealer. There, he could sell his vehicle at an acceptable price.

Meanwhile, every year Senku will give you a checklist that you have to fill in with the items you want. He would make those items himself very rapidly and you better believe that the next day, everything on that checklist was waiting for you outside your front door.

You hoped that your friendship with him would last forever.

Senku is the reason you work day and night with full motivation after you wake up from petrification.